Notices

Hunkering down, Day Six

Old 12-28-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
totfit

I think "hunkering down" is fine. I like to do that myself. At six days plus I would make sure I did start getting some exercise daily. For me at least this element is not optional, but crucial to not only my physical health, but my emotional health and sobriety. I would also make sure that though I wanted to hunker down I had a good stock of a variety of healthy food. Whether newly sober, six months, six years or always sober it is good to spend from time to time a period of hunkering down and taking stock of who we are and the direction we choose to travel.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I stayed home for that first week for sure. For one, I was physically and emotionally exhausted. Two, I just felt I wanted to give my body rest and a chance to recover from all I had put it through. I'm still content on the sofa with my dog and blanket in the evenings for the most part. You probably will start venturing out a bit more, but you will know when you are ready. In the meantime, congratulations on your recovery. Enjoy your quiet time.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

I know I'm a bit late with my answer, but I too stayed around the house for about the first two weeks of sobriety. When I finally ventured out it was all too surreal, just very different from the times before because I wasn't so screwed up on a mountain of pills. Staying at home in peace is what I needed. So I say, go for it. Do what works for you. You have nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever.