Notices

The Christmas Miracle

Old 12-25-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Christmas Miracle

Is that I'm sober, ha ha, and I plan to stay that way!! (of course Garth singing 'Friends in low places' is not helping right now)

Funny thing is, frustration of starting over is keeping me sober. I think I finally want to be sober more than I want to drink! Initially, I think a lot of it had to do with getting the extra weight off (!), but if I'm really honest with myself, getting sober is so much more than that.

It's time to feel good again, I'm not that old and there are days I feel 80.

Merry Sober Christmas to you all!
And to all of you that are struggling today, hang in there, that's all you can do. It has to get easier.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your right, there are soo many things that come with being Sober and it's important to hang on to those things!

Merry Sober Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

It's so cool to be sober today, is it not

Just came back from an early breakfast and the waiter was totally hungover, he looked like hell, his hands were shaking, his eyes were glassy and I thought, damn, it could've been me.

But it wasn't me - so I wished him all the best and took a nice stroll on this chilly but sunny day, loving myself. (this must be the key, for us drunks, to finally start loving ourselves, no?)

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We had a large player piano in the middle of the cafeteria at the rehab I went to this summer. One day a young guy sat down during a crowded lunch and turned it on…and the first song was "Friends in Low Places". The contrast was beyond hysterical….200 addicts and alkies sitting around sober with that song blaring….I was crying laughing.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jessie65 View Post
Is that I'm sober, ha ha, and I plan to stay that way!! (of course Garth singing 'Friends in low places' is not helping right now)

Funny thing is, frustration of starting over is keeping me sober. I think I finally want to be sober more than I want to drink! Initially, I think a lot of it had to do with getting the extra weight off (!), but if I'm really honest with myself, getting sober is so much more than that.

It's time to feel good again, I'm not that old and there are days I feel 80.

Merry Sober Christmas to you all!
And to all of you that are struggling today, hang in there, that's all you can do. It has to get easier.
EVERYTHING is as it should be when we are sober. Everything is better that way.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, the idea of starting over is helping to keep me sober as well. After a few months you grow so much that going back to where was I doesn't seem like an option. For that, I an very very grateful.

Merry Christmas and for the dancing tree posted above, I love it!!!!!