Notices

Had a lonely day

Old 12-06-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a lonely day

Got some work done but I felt so tired all day. I went to two meetings earlier and I think I was acting more distant. My sponsor is not at meetings so I need to find another one. I am going to call some people tomorrow. Tonight I am 27 days sober and I went to a really good speaker meeting that helped me understand how serious alcoholism is. Working on reaching out more.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ach

Hang in there. You are certainly progressing. Remember what the BB says ! Rest easy and catch up with your sponsor tomorrow. Don't worry about the last 2 AA meetings. You are sober and sound strong !
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus! Way to go on 27 days. Sorry to hear you had kind of an off day but keep at it and continue reaching out. You are still early on and it only keep getting better!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow will be better for you Ach - congrats on the 27 days - great going

D
Old 12-06-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I had kind of a lonely day too, Ach. It was raining hard all day so I didn't feel comfortable walking to my home group meeting tonight with my cane. I had to get my friend to cover my coffee commitment. I'm also weaning off my painkillers and I'm feeling a bit of withdrawal (not as bad as yesterday, though; thank god).

So basically, I've been home alone all day. I worked during the day and got a few projects done. But I've also made some calls to other AA's. I talked to my sponsor. I texted my friend to congratulate him on getting a year. And I posted on SR a lot.

So all in all, it wasn't that bad. I'm going to try to double up on meetings tomorrow if the rain stops.

It's all in your outlook. I could have moped around today, but I reached out. It's hard to feel lonely, when my phone is full of numbers of great people to talk to.

I don't know what you mean by your sponsor isn't at meetings. Are you calling him on a regular basis to check in? Did he go back out or something? My sponsor only goes to one meeting that I also go to. The rest of the time, we go to different meetings. But I still try to touch base with him every day, even if it's just a text to let him know how I'm doing.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish you guys well. Loneliness is no fun but just try to tell yourself that it's just a moment. It will pass, just work on what you can work on in the mean time.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I slept for a long time. Is it normal to feel this tired? Today I am going to just read and relax, I have been stressing myself out about this girl in AA I like, but I do not even talk to her! Its crazy. Being a little lonely is ok, but one of my triggers is sexual frustration. One day at a time.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
The sexual frustration will fade as you put more of your effort into your recovery. It's been 8.5 months for me and I haven't spontaneously combusted yet.

It's okay to talk to her. It's okay for you to even hang out as friends. But you can't be basing your entire mood and sobriety on the interaction (or lack there of) with one person. I asked a girl out to coffee two days ago. She never got back to me. I like her, but I'm not taking it personally. She's either busy or not interested. Life goes on. Sobriety will always be my number one focus.

Why not just go up and introduce yourself? Say, "I'm Ach and I've seen you around at the meetings. How long have you been coming here?" Take it from there. But remember, friends only
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Acheleus, I can sooooo relate to the lonely issues! At 56 the lack of sex is not as big a deal as it used to be. Is that a positive? LOL.
Digdug, I too am on a cane. Fell on my deck, I said "DECK" and really bunged up my back. I'm sitting here half stupid on pain pills. Funny, now that it's legal and cheap I don't like the feeling anymore. At least I sleep a lot, makes the time go by.
Acheleus, please remember you're feeling again. Feelings you may not have felt in a long time. Kind of like going through puberty again, everything seems so intense! This DOES subside. Some days all you can do is grab your butt with both hands and hang on.......It's worth the effort!!!!!!!!!

BTW, my "deck" is OK.

Ron