Notices

drinking question

Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

All alcohol but I knew as soon as I did one shot (usually whiskey) at a bar that I'd be there until the end.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beer was my drink of choice but I am with the majority, any alcoholic beverage will set me sailing on the drunken seas.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Well, first I'd have a beer and then I'd have a few more. Then I'd open another beer and when I finished that one I'd go and get another. I'd gulp that down and take the cap or pop the top off the next one. Then I'd make another trip to the refrigerator. Sometimes when I got into the fridge I'd just pull out two. The first one would be gone so quickly it cut down on the time having to go to the fridge which interrupted the important work I was doing.

You get the picture.

It was disgusting.
I so relate to this post!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Whisky. Whiskey. That's the flavor its tough for me to leave alone. I can take or leave anything else. I can't drink beer or wine fast enough to get drunk. I don't really like the other hard alcohols except for mixed drinks occasionally.

Yeah if it wasn't for Jack, Jameson, and Makers I wouldn't be here now.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went in and out of "preferences," but looking back I was just lying to myself, thinking I "liked" beer, wine, gin, whiskey. . . Truthfully, I didn't like any of it, I just wanted to get smashed and the concept/brainwashing of "likeing" the drink just made it easier to justify the drinking for me.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

wine was my choice and its the only drink that makes my face flushed
I wonder if that is some kind of allergic reaction as it didn't happen with beer or spirits
hmmm
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Budweiser was my drink of choice and of course it always set me off. When I did drink hard liquor it set me off to. On the few occasions I did drink wine I gulped it redneck style while everyone else sipped it. So to make a long story short any alcohol made me show my ass.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Alcohol in general. One glass of wine led to 2 bottles then a trip to the bar. As for liquor one drink led to 10 and in the end the nasty me would resurface. Alcohol no matter what it was, was an issue.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Beer. Especially on a hot day!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Beer was the gateway drug to everything else. Scotch too, since it's basically distilled beer.

Oddly, unlike other posts, I rarely drank wine. A bottle would sit half-empty in the fridge for weeks, but the shelf life of a six-pack was a couple hours.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

I'm thinking more and more lately that I don't desire any of it. The thought of a drink leaves me cold; the knowledge of where it can lead/end fills me with dread and fear; the places, pubs, bars etc where I've frequented leave me cold! I just don't want that life any more. I don't know if it's total boredom of it all, an age thing, or total acceptance that I really want change and have moved on.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnowDawg View Post
Beer. Especially on a hot day!
Haha yeah a beer garden was a good excuse. Also a BBQ without a beer was un heard of. But even in the winter its "best take shelter in a pub" if i'm out and about or,

"Nobody is out today so may as well stay in the warm with a few". Then that would lead to getting some spirits but it doesn't matter what season it is, alchohol is the devil for me.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Beer, beer and more beer. When I did do hard stuff, I knew I was going to be a wreck but still drank it when I went out. If I drank whiskey after some beers it would be auto pilot time.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
I only drank wine too, but it was still a problem for me. It's kind of like saying, "I do shoplift...... but only small stuff."
If wine is problematic it's best to say goodbye!

Welcome
Lol!!! I only shoplift small stuff cracked me up!
I'm unfortunately a wino.... I actually drink....drank - past tense cause I'm done- organic wine cause it was better for me - not if you drink the whole bottle and if there was another bottle in the house that too....