Notices

Good Morning, Sunday

Old 11-24-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Sunday

Woke up hangover free for the 5th day in a row. Best feeling in the world!

Since we've got a big ice storm moving in I'm getting ready to get to the grocery store and stock up before we hunker down! I'm going before noon so as not to be tempted to stock up on alcohol (in TX you can't buy beer or wine before noon on Sundays). In the past I would have welcomed this storm as a chance to lock myself away from the world and stay in a drunken stupor for days. Not this time. This time I'll be present for my family instead. We have a board game tournament planned! Never would have crossed my mind drunk. Instead of planning out my drinking plan I'm planning on making memories ("Remember that game tournament we had that one Thanksgiving during that ice storm?"). Love it.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. Stay safe, sober & warm!!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Enjoy your sober sunday
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Lifeisforliving View Post
Woke up hangover free for the 5th day in a row. Best feeling in the world!

Since we've got a big ice storm moving in I'm getting ready to get to the grocery store and stock up before we hunker down! I'm going before noon so as not to be tempted to stock up on alcohol (in TX you can't buy beer or wine before noon on Sundays). In the past I would have welcomed this storm as a chance to lock myself away from the world and stay in a drunken stupor for days. Not this time. This time I'll be present for my family instead. We have a board game tournament planned! Never would have crossed my mind drunk. Instead of planning out my drinking plan I'm planning on making memories ("Remember that game tournament we had that one Thanksgiving during that ice storm?"). Love it.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. Stay safe, sober & warm!!
Ice storm??? What's that like? Sounds very exciting and a brilliant backdrop to a board game! Yes, making memories instead of making enemies and murdering brain cells - excellent!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Ice storm??? What's that like? Sounds very exciting and a brilliant backdrop to a board game! Yes, making memories instead of making enemies and murdering brain cells - excellent!
An ice storm is not as exciting as it sounds, Lump, especially when you live in a place that loses it's marbles when any bit of any type of precipitation hits the roads. I'm in Dallas and basically the city shuts down. Fun to miss school and work but it's not like you can go out & play in it. Plus there's the danger of power outages & such. It doesn't happen too terribly often but when it does it sucks. Right now they're predicting it which is enough for a run on things at the grocery store. As I was leaving the store it was insane!! I know my fellow country-men to the north who are used to having actual winters laugh at us but would agree that snow beats ice any day.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I read about your storm on the news! I do hope you manage to stay warm, safe and dry for Thanksgiving (and that you win some of those games! )
Old 11-26-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HeadLump, with an ice storm, precipitation comes out of the sky as ice. It coats the trees as solid ice, and it forms a sheet of solid ice on the roads. Very treacherous driving, but the sun afterwards glistening in the trees is a sight to behold!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Bet that makes for some brilliant photos! What colour does the sky go just before the storm? I love, love, love stormy, scowly skies!!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dark gray
Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I just love it when the sky goes dark in the middle of the day and the atmosphere changes! If I wasn't such a wimp, I'd be a storm chaser - but we only get good storms once every 25 years in England!