Notices

struggling for my sobriety tonight

Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You may find your therapy sessions are a trigger, and you may want to plan a distraction after them in the future?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Thanks for your quick replies x

I've eaten, all my girlfriends are out drinking tonight, parents away, and ex, well, i won't be calling him, and I feel alone.

I suppose I'm scared of my future everythings uncertain at the moment, and I have to keep going over the past to move forward, I understand that, just sometimes its alot to handle x

prayer time...
Not happy to hear you're so down today. Struggling with uncertainty is part of the deal we make when we commit to getting sober, but the payoff is simply awesome.

If you were to drink, your future would be certain.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Lorelei, thanks for this post. I had a really terrible night too and wanted to drink so bad. I'll be three weeks on Monday. That seems so far away right now. I was finally able to come home and made myself go right to bed so I could read SR and I came across your post. It's so good to know I'm not alone. And you're not either. I hope your night got better and I know we'll both feel better tomorrow. You're not alone bc you were here helping me get through this. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Lorelei, rootin for ya.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I hope you made it through last night Lorelei. When cravings hit me I try to distract myself with other pleasantries. Music, computer games, reading or even ice cream or chocolate.
(I never wanted sweets when I was drinking) If positive methods are not enough I think about the negative things that already occurred to me because I drank and if necessary I try to foresee what might happen if start again.

You'll have 6 weeks straight on sunday, just one more day to get there. The last two weeks have been easier for me and I hope that means the tide is turning. Hang in there Lorelei.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

7am here now, made it thro sober and got a busy day ahead, thanks so much for getting me thro last night...

Today.....I feel pretty good!

♥ xx
Old 11-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

So glad you posted! This is a time of transition for you and it sounds like you are doing all of the work you need to do. It's so draining and hard, but I know you want to be happy and healthy and sober. I don't have any wonderful advice - wish I did. Sometimes I just had to hang in there for the minutes at a time to get through it. It will pass - you are strong enough to sit with the discomfort.

A lot of the time when I struggle I just hang out around here.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
7am here now, made it thro sober and got a busy day ahead, thanks so much for getting me thro last night...

Today.....I feel pretty good!

♥ xx

One day at a time! I am glad you feel better. Never underestimate the power of support. I too have to remind myself to use it when I need it.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good for you, so happy to hear you made it through! Enjoy your busy day today - you'll be extra productive bc you're not hungover! Congrats on 6 weeks!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling better today, lorelei. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful sober day.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good for you, Lorelei!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

OMG I am 1 week and this is my first Saturday - I just went on this site cause I'm having a serious pity party I WANT WINE! Then I so your thread - we are are dealing with this here together!!!! I am making a pledge
In honor of your thread I will be strong tonight and I will not drink! Please find the strength that's been inside you all the weeks and please make a pledge not to drink tonight.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I didn't realize that was from last night - CONGRATULATIONS on finding your strength!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

See... I knew you could do it!!! Well done!!!