Notices

first councelling session tomorrow, slightly nervous

Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first councelling session tomorrow, slightly nervous

Hi!

I know i have been doing well with my recovery, my doctor has put me into councelling to see if my memories about the past is whats causing me to have seriously bad nightmares/insomnia.

Its the only major problems that im having in regards to my recovery and its pretty intense.

was just wondering if anybody else suffers with this?, and has anybody had this type of councelling?

im pretty damn nervous thinking about having to dredge the past up which caused me to drink heavily in the first place

Two Worlds
Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Let your counselor know your thoughts/concerns. I'm a clinician myself and I really appreciate it when I don't have to guess what someone's thoughts/concerns/fears might be about talking to me. The counselor is working for you. If you feel like it is putting you in to a bad place, I hope you re-think and perhaps find another helpful means by talking with your doc again.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you sober clover i will let them know when i go. it just that ive realised tonight how frightened i actually am about having to dredge the past up although i do know that something need to be done about them. scary times
Old 11-11-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I see a counselor and it's been a great help to me, both in getting sober and in my daily life. A good counselor is worth their weight in gold.