Notices

checking in ..

Old 11-11-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checking in ..

Trying to figure out what is open & what isn't today ... Have say the boredom here is getting to me Nothing here in Baltimore for me anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There are things to do for everyone in every location AW, we just have to find them. Your old addict brain is just telling you that because it want you to go back to the "good old days". Check out your library, local civic organizations, churches, community calendar of events, etc. You'll be bewildered at how much there is to actually do.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea Scott been going to the library a lot, trying not to get too involved w\ much since I have no plans to be here long. Not to mention my anxiety has really blew up since I been here. Been to a few meetings here & there, but as I said the anxiety drives me nuts.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Yea Scott been going to the library a lot, trying not to get too involved w\ much since I have no plans to be here long. Not to mention my anxiety has really blew up since I been here. Been to a few meetings here & there, but as I said the anxiety drives me nuts.
The best thing for anxiety is to get involved. Nothing to say that the groups that you get involved with won't have a counterpart or equivalent in any other place you might live. Who knows, you might even find that you like it and that you want to stay. I used to think like that a lot too - how much better it might be if I lived in a different place, had a different job, lived in a bigger house, etc. But when you really look at what's important, it's living. The grass will always be greener on the other side if you keep comparing it, not matter where you end up in life. So you have to stop comparing and start living!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Look into some clubs where you will meet with other people. I find my boredom is the worst when I am sitting alone too much. I am now looking into the over 40 rugby league here. I have never played in my life, but I loved watching the sport.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanx guys, will look into book clubs maybe. Just not willing to make any commitment since I am not staying here. There is nothing that can change that. My head heart & soul is in Boston, an that is where I feel I will thrive. Not a question of the grass being greener, as much as I know what I have here & what I have there.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Thanx guys, will look into book clubs maybe. Just not willing to make any commitment since I am not staying here. There is nothing that can change that. My head heart & soul is in Boston, an that is where I feel I will thrive. Not a question of the grass being greener, as much as I know what I have here & what I have there.
You don't need to make any commitments. Most volunteer and civic groups are happy to have you involved even if it's just for the day. Food pantries, shelters, schools, book clubs, etc...they are happy just to have your participation. Many events are one-time things too. Don't worry about the long term!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanx Scott, depending what is around, w\ my physical limitations, I will look into it.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great advice here Dennis.

I understand you don't want to be there, but putting your life on hold til you leave doesn't seem a good idea for me.

Hows your recovery going?

D
Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Dee, other than having no way to communicate w\ anyone I do trust, great lol... But I am plodding along ok for now. But it is taking a strain physically & mentally on me. As much as I hate people I know I need people.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey August have you been talking to the ex and MIL? Any cuts in the red tape yet? I'm really really happy to see you here

Oh and have ham and cheese learned to use the phone to call you yet? :}~
Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Been talking to both actually. The MIL a little more, but ex as well. Ham & Cheese haven't called but are driving the ex nutz lol
Old 11-11-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hey AW, good to see you are doing well, and MD is looking out for you...

i too am really trying to work on being content in "exile". i am always going to be in situations, places and with people that probably are not my first choice, if i realize that i am there for a reason, and that being in exile is part of life, then i stop trying to get out of whatever i am in, and just start spreading out and living ... just me?

have you found a good source for cupcakes and sweet treats?

just glad you are sober and well!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LoL no cupcakes here suck :p but I knew that beforehand...
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Isn't that charm city cakes there?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Isn't that charm city cakes there?
Yea; but seeing as I don't drive might as well be a million miles away lol