Notices

And the war rages on...

Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up And the war rages on...

Well, I had a wonderful birthday with my family & friends last weekend. Although there was drinking among a few people. But, the best thing was a few of my friends from WAY back 20 years ago. were sitting with me at my table. Three of them are drug & alcohol abuse counselors. That just made me giggle. We all took different roads, Shared the same story & grew up to be sober at the same time. My family... well, they are what they are! Nothing I can do to change that. I'm spending my every minute fighting this monster & haven't the time for drunks in my life. I will always love them & it's not like I'm not going to talk to them either. I just wont do it after 9 PM. That seems to be the "Over the edge" time.
I've been suffering from pretty bad headaches, & horrible 3rd degree radiation burns on my shoulder, arm, Back, & Armpits! I know this is all part of the process. But, the loss of my hair has been hard to deal with. I cut in to my shoulders, but, yesterday when I was in the shower it just kind of Matted together in a matter of seconds! I tried to comb it apart to no avail. After 10 minutes I knew what had to be done. I went to the salon with my hair in a towel. The ladies gave me a curious look & asked "what have you done?" I just broke down & told her it was time for my hair to go!
The only other woman in the shop Stepped forward and asked if I was in Chemo. I told her yes & just showed her what had happened. She said it looked like my hair had fussed & melted together. I said "Shave it"!... She said she could save it... And, proceeded to Spend the next half hour cutting that clump of hair away & giving me a super short, yet cute hair cut. I still have longish bangs & a short flyaway in the back. Pretty easy to dry & care for. After the day I'd had, I accepted it! But, was so grateful to still have any hair...
As, I got up to leave, the ladies refused payment or tip. And, I left with gratitude & a cute short hair style. I don't know what's going to happen other than more chemo, & god allowing me the wonderful gift of his love through the kindness shown to me when I need it most. I know this to be true. I have a strong faith, wonderful Doctors, Incredible family, Wonderful Friends, Both close at hand & all Abroad through the wonder of SR! So, with a lot of Faith, although I'm scared, I will keep finding the wonder in what I'm being shown. There is a lesson here. I'm not sure if it's for me, or maybe one of you. The strength of my faith can only be tested if I allow it!
My fight will be as hard as I can fight, & when I'm running low on strength I barrow from all of you & your wonderful posts....
I'm pushing through this one day at a time. A lesson I could never have applied if I were still out there drinking. And, a fight I could not fight if I were still poisoning my body, mind & soul with drink!
Thanks for taking time to read my post,
God bless you all tonight!
Love,
Key
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Key weird I think and prey for you often, anytime you need my strength it's yours. Your story touches and moves me so much. Keep fighting you are no where near done yet! Congrats on your spunky new do.... Ready to put up your guns and kick some cancer ass!!!!
Xoxo
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Key, I love your story about the haircut. How brave of you! And, how wonderful of the two women to step forward and know what needed to be done to help you.

Your magnificent spirit is so inspiriting.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the new do - and thanks as always for an inspiring post kw

D
Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I bet you are super cute with short hair!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Key, I think and pray for you often. I am so amazed at your strength and courage. Hang in there lady, and thank you so much for posting. I came here just looking for an update on how you are doing. Much love and respect.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, keyweird. Your story is beautiful. It made me well up with tears, both for what you are going through and because of the kindness of those women. We hear so much about the bad things that go on in the world...it's just so heartwarming to hear about such kindness. I wish I could give you, and them, big (((((HUGS)))))
Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great haircut story, and great inspiration. Keep it up.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Always sending you lots of love and hugs!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Key short hair is the way to go, I bet you look awesome!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Oh Great Goddess
Bless this day
Keep me safe and whole

Oh Great Goddess
Bless my path
Help me to act on thy wisdom

Oh Great Goddess
Bless my family
Living on this Earth
Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the beautiful post, Key. God bless you.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had a hard time getting your hair cut Key. I have girlfriends that had to do that and it was hard for them too.

Long hair, short hair, hair or no hair..there is nothing more beautiful than a strong loving courageous woman of substance. Nothing.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

truly beautiful and inspirational. Thank you so much. God bless you
Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Beautiful post!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing. Are you using Aloe for the burns? I am sure that your hair looks wonderful. Keep shining Keyweird. I feel blessed to hear of your journey. God Bless You.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

key, you are loved. Beautiful story and you know you look good with the new haircut. Thanks for being there for me, btw. Thinking about you and sending the mega power vibes.

Yours,
Cas
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((((keyweird))). Good story! Thank you!

Love from Lenina
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I'm sorry you had a hard time getting your hair cut Key. I have girlfriends that had to do that and it was hard for them too.

Long hair, short hair, hair or no hair..there is nothing more beautiful than a strong loving courageous woman of substance. Nothing.
Right on, 360!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story and your beautiful self with us, Key.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Key, thanks for sharing your story. I think about you often. Your courage and strength is inspiring.