Notices

Far infrared sauna, hypnosis, acupuncture, massage, etc.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Far infrared sauna, hypnosis, acupuncture, massage, etc.

In the desire to cleanse my system of decades of chemical abuse, I have been researching alternative therapies to further promote healing and deep detoxing.

Wondering if anyone has experienced measurable benefit from any of the above holistic well being modalities.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Acupuncture and massage (most recently craniosacral). Because I have fibromyalgia as well as an immune disorder I go to an integrative holistic doctor. I take pharma-nac, magnesium, turmeric, omega 3's, and also get vitamin B shots and glutathione IV's once a month. And I take a supplement for adrenal stress and probiotics.

Forget the wine cellar, i need a vitamin cellar....at this rate I will be auditioning for the remake of the Bionic Woman.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Jaynie! Beats being the Anti Biotic Woman! LOL. I have fibro myalgia too and the Vitamin mineral therapy seems to help a lot.

hope you're feeling better!

I use self hypnosis tapes for calm and stress relief. I think it helps. I had accupunture for a shoulder injury and it helped with the pain. I was shocked.

I tried hypnosis for insomnia and to quit smoking on seperate occasions and it didn't work.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have found cleansing and Rolfing. My problem is I used it as an annual excuse to go back and drink heavier.

Besides the detox, I actually grew almost an inch from 16 weeks of Rolfing. It's essentially like deep tissue where you are smoothing the fascia out to elongate the skeletal system again like when you were a kid per injury and stress.

I am a chick when it comes to spas too. Some good ones in Sedona, AZ, Jackson Holy, WY, Sun Valley, ID, Big Sur, CA, Lanai, HI, and tons in Vietnam, Malaysia if you want a longer trip.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ooooohhh. You said the magic word. Sedona. Aaaahhhhhhhhh. Momma likey.

I'm a new agey, mystic, spiritual, meditational, psychic loving mother earther. (Wink wink)

The only "Rolfing" I ever did was after too much tequila. Gonna have to research.
Sounds like my cup of....skin ?

Jayne, did the bionic woman have a sidekick ? Like a Robin ? Or Gilligan ? Leather Tuscadero ?

Because I'd like some of what you're having.

God, I love it here.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post

The only "Rolfing" I ever did was after too much tequila.
c011:
Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, yep on the massage and acupuncture. I also have fibromyalgia from having had Lyme disease as a kid and acupuncture helped me when nothing else did.

Just started tumeric and supposedly it does wonders for inflammation. And, from what I understand, you don't want to be inflammed...period. Natokinasse (sp?) is another one a lot of people recommend.

Oooohhh, Sedona. Always wanted to go there.

I'm off to Morocco on Monday for a quick vacay before heading back into Warzone, Central Africa and am excited about the hammams (traditional Turkish-like baths and massage...um...houses?) although I think I will skip the "Full Caramel" body treatment that I was offered. I have no idea what that could possibly entail and I am hoping (PRAYING!!) something got lost in the translation from French to English. Still, not sure I am going to risk it. I am certain there must be hair loss involved. In a painful fashion.

But if you all don't hear from me for a few weeks, it means I did and I am hairless and stuck to the tiles in some hammam in North Africa

Terribly therapeutic, I'm sure.

Anyway, let me know about the other treatments should you try them. I am always looking for new things too...
Old 10-31-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LDT

Massage addict here.....especially to the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage..... I also am a fairly serious Yogi. Although my practice is different, some of my friends report huge healing and cleansing with Hot Yoga.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

****{PT}}} Look at you go jet setter !!! All sober and fabulous. That's my girlfran !!

If it's a Brazilian woman performing the "full caramel" (or was that camel ?)...

Run.

XO AO
Old 10-31-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hypnotic regression and kinesiology were both tremendous in helping me deal with emotional issues
Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

From one mother earther to the next...reiki and crystal therapy.
I'm not sure about the detox aspect but it has certainly been clearing the junk from my brain!
I was first exposed to reiki in treatment and had one of those spiritual moments I didn't believe existed. Since then I get reiki weekly and have just started playing on my own with different kind of crystals. Amythyst is the stone of sobriety fyi. Can't get much more new agey than this lol.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Will watch this thread with interest!

I've only done a little bit of lemon detoxing....which I love, but looking to make some of this stuff stick for the longer term, chakra therapies are of interest to me at the moment. Saving for a little treatment in the next week or so.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sensory depervation tanks. Also know as floatation tanks. No description I give will do the experience justice. I invite you to google it.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Rolf Institute of Structural Integration