Notices

Wasn't planning to Post

Old 10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wasn't planning to Post

Ever again, but it is hard to track every separate person down and PM them a TY & an update using "limited" net or this Nexus. So here is an update .. Isolation in B-more is slowly killing me; so have gone out of my comfort zone and went to 2 different meetings and then came to the conclusion that, sadly they are not for me .. All for the same reasons I had for not going in the first place. So back to square zero lol . But I am sober; have had urges as well as chances, but feel I have no need nor desire to go that route any more. So still looking to get back to Boston; I am on 4 months emergency leave.

I have been looking for affordable counseling as well as finishing up with what I started I Boston, paper work for disability. Ex's mother text's me every day to support me & remind me once I get approved by SS, I have a place to go. Been giving the ex space; an doing something for myself instead of relying on her or my parents at this point.

It's very tough, w\ the constant pain and lack of meds or medical insurance, but I am struggling through it. I actually leave the place every day to go to Starbucks for net access. I hate it, but need it to get these things done.
Dennis
Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Dennis.

Glad to hear from you.

I really like the way you sound now.

IMO the fact that you gave meetings a try is a step ahead.

There are a lot of things that seems impossible at first, but which can be done doing one step at a time.

Keep up the progress you've made!

Take care)
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx MB; I am struggling through it. Rough, but nothing I can't handle for now.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Stick with it, August. You've got so many people rooting for you. And you're already showing how strong you can be
Old 10-18-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you're hanging in there, AW. I hope you catch a break soon.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Great to hear from you, AW. Keep going. We're here for you.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're still struggling, but glad you're not drinking and still trying
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dear AW, Sounds like struggling comes along with the disease, try to be strong and not let it overwhelm you! Sending you supportive, helpful thoughts for you this chilly October morning. Stay with us, read, post and read some more. We are here for you 24/7. Have a great day and week end!!! Hugs and stay warm! TF
Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey aw, what a great post to see, keep at it, and glad you are progressing friend.

by the way, bakery items at starbucks are no good, they used to have "cake pops", but got rid of them

stay well, thanks for posting.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyhour View Post

by the way, bakery items at starbucks are no good, they used to have "cake pops", but got rid of them

stay well, thanks for posting.
Thanx all; actually they still have them here lol Staring @ them as I try to type on this thing. Really strange thing is I am sitting next to Great beer store too :-P But not 1 temptation. I have had urges sure, but know the dark path it will lead to.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

AW - You knew it was not going to be a bed of roses. We started this process around the same time. I am going on two months and as my fog lifts I am finding there is a bunch of crap I need to fix and better understand. Recovery is a process. Sounds like you are doing some housecleaning yourself to setup for better future. Work the network including SR when you need to stay sober and it will get better for you too. When I started doing the right things I had more fortune come my way - can;t explain other than my higher power watching over me - doesn't mean I don't have to right wrongs but I think you too will see some benefits soon.

Good luck and keep posting when you can - I like the updates.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi AW, Wise choice, that dark path hangs around, just ignore it and the AV that's talking to you in your head. Keep up the good work and keep posting, you are helping others! TF
Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
TReally strange thing is I am sitting next to Great beer store too :-P But not 1 temptation. I have had urges sure, but know the dark path it will lead to.
Hey, Dennis. Glad you don't have any temptation, but is there another Starbucks that is located in more sobriety-wise place and doesn't overlook booze-stores? Just a thought. Take care)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Dennis...pulling for you...chin up!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you are doing well Dennis. There are a lot of other places ( public libraries, schools, etc ) that many times have free wifi that are out of the range of liquor stores and bars too. And while libraries are public, there are always very private study/reading areas to hang out if you don't want to be around a lot of people.

Sorry to hear that you dont' think AA is for you, I hope you can find something that is. Sometimes getting sober means making changes that are uncomfortable at first but the end result is definitely worth it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you AW. Stay strong. Everyone is here for you.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanx all . This place is the closest & easily accessible when someone can barely walk & doesn't drive. But the only other close\safe place is surrounded by 3 beer stores lol Thanx though like I said, I am good & sober. Have way too many things that need to be done for me to be taking that detour.