Notices

Is he clean or not?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is he clean or not?

My husband suffered a relapse back in May and went to rehab. A few weeks later, had another relapse then went back to the same rehab and got kicked out b/c opiates and benzos were found in his urine test. After the 2nd rehab stint I told my hubby to go stay with his mom while he got cleaned and to focus on himself. She is a huge enabler and she believes everything he say's at face value. I was hoping this would put a spark under him but it hasn't. Im in my 3rd trimester and we are expecting our second child together next month and the stress and anxiety of all of this has taken it's toll on me.
A few weeks ago he told me that he rec'd a job offer and had to do training all weekend. I found out that was a lie so I have no idea where he was, what he was doing. Im imagining he is on a drug binge or possibly with another woman and/or expecting a phone call that he was dead or in jail. I haven't asked him about this (b/c he would lie anyway).
I think part of a true recovery is that he would make amends and try and patch up of what's left of our marriage. Should I bother even asking him where he was...or do I just expect everything coming out of his mouth is a lie. Since his drug of choice is/was heroin one thing I have noticed about him lately is that he hasn't lost weight, he has actually gained. So maybe he has switched addictions or is trying to get clean.
Im so lost and confused and being pregnant really messes with my emotions.
Any words would be helpful...thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You've got a lot on your plate right now. To be honest I don't see much of a future in your relationship. He's proven he can't be trusted. How many more times must he lie to you before you won't take it anymore? I hope you can get some help for yourself before the baby is born.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Take a look at this forum for more perspective on your problems with your husband.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been attending Al Anon meetings and doing the best I can. Im trying to keep our family together however I know it's takes more than one person to do that.
I pray for all of the family members/loved ones that have to go through this...what a struggle this is..I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome and congrats on the baby on the way,

People active in their addiction can't make amends... Or at least it wouldn't be sincere. Like least said, check out the friends and family section.