Notices

Monday regrets

Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday regrets

Sitting here, drink in hand, crying and reading the posts and wondering what it's gonna take for me to get it together.

Heading back to work and will pick up the words of wisdom later. I just know something needs to change. I can talk myself into anything and as soon as I start to feel better, I will decide that sobriety can wait.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

first, get rid of that drink.
you'll feel stronger just by doing that.

i don't know how much comfort it is, but i recall those mondays very well... getting up at dawn. trying to manage to put some clothes on and wait until the liquor store opens up, so i can grab that drink, sit down and cry a little.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

when I came around I was told that my elevator of hell was going down fast and that I could get off on any floor I chose else something like jail time, mental institution or death would stop me permanently. One that's seldom mentioned is the continued misery in my daily life. I finally got honest with myself and saw my life not getting any better with doing it my way so I surrendered to the fact that I could not drink in safety and started following directions from people who had plugged the jug. It works IF we WORK IT! BE WELL
Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You say you leave sobriety when you start to feel better. Doesn't this tell you something about sobriety? It will make you feel better and will make your life better in every way but you have to want it. Do you want a better life or are you happy with what you have? I hope you will give sobriety a real chance to change your life. Best of luck
Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bettersober67 View Post
Sitting here, drink in hand, crying and reading the posts and wondering what it's gonna take for me to get it together.

Heading back to work and will pick up the words of wisdom later. I just know something needs to change. I can talk myself into anything and as soon as I start to feel better, I will decide that sobriety can wait.
So why not talk yourself into not drinking today? That's literally what it's going to take - you making the decision not to drink. There are many recovery methods and many ways to get help, but ever single one of them starts with a very simple choice only you can make. Why not make today the day?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Only you can make the changes necessary towards a better life. It starts by dumping the booze. Talk yourself out of drinking and into sobriety. It really is worth it.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, bettersober!

I'm glad you're reaching out.

I was just in Milwaukee all weekend, it's lovely there! Especially this time of year and sober!

Can you go by the lake and clear your mind? Grab one of those delicious coffees at Colectivo to keep you warm.