Notices

Day 3 (and Glee)

Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 (and Glee)

Today is day 3. I feel pretty good. Better than yesterday and waaaaaay better than two days ago. Still no cravings. Still very disgusted by alcohol. A little shaky. I slept really well last night with minimal sweating. Still pretty tired and unmotivated today, but I forced myself to get a bunch done.

It's a good discovery for me that the withdrawals are just as bad when you can go for weeks without a drink and then binge for a few days. I know I don't want to drink every day, and I know I don't want to drink for short periods. No thanks. Done.

On another note, I sat and watched Glee last night after the kids went to bed. With a big old glass of ice water in one hand and a popsicle in the other. Haven't watched that show in a while definitely not sober. On last night's episode they dealt with the death of Cory Monteith who played Finn on the show. Most of you know the actor died of an overdose not too long ago. So tragic. I had read that the cast had a hard time getting through the shooting of the show, which is completely understandable. I had some idea that it would be hard to watch. That is an understatement. I cried through the entire episode. The song performances were all so heartfelt and heartbreaking. You could tell that these actors were hardly keeping it together to get through the songs, which made for some pretty powerful performances. Particularly Mercedes' performance of "I'll Stand By You" and Santana's of "If I Die Young" They were absolutely beautiful.

I'm wondering if anybody else watched and what their thoughts are. There was a really good post yesterday about wallowing in music being a trigger. It has for me in the past. It wouldn't have last night, given the reasoning behind the whole episode. It kind of served to strengthen my resolve instead.

Sorry so long. Thanks for reading. Everybody be strong today. We can do this.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4 and day 3 was my most difficult. Thanks for sharing your message.