Notices

hello.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, not seeing anyone. Had a better weekend than that last post though. 1 glass of wine on Friday night, which was impressive for me. Then a few more on Saturday but I was with family and it was social, so better (than by myself!). I slept good the last few nights which made a big difference. When I drink a lot I find myself not sleeping then have insomnia, mind starts racing then the next day I'm a wreck....then to cope, have a drink. So, sleep is key - obviously. What are, if any, side affects to the medicine you were given? (Anabuse) Does it just kill the craving or what?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi. Just a quick update. Had a bad week last week, felt like it was kind of the breaking point. Confessed to a few people since I've been hiding my problem a bit. Felt good to let it out, did some shameful stuff but feel like it's a wake up call. Now that I've told people, I feel like it's up to me to take action. I have support from my husband and couple friends I told. Last drink was on Friday. Today is starting day 4....was going to try to go to a detox place but trying it on my own. So far so good. I think I may just try to see a counselor.

I always just thought it was alcoholism, but the people I've talked to all seem to think there is an underlying reason why I drink. So, if I can get to the root, that could help. I was told possible depression or something.

Wanted to get some thoughts on that....do you feel that there was more to it than just being an alocoholic? Like maybe if you got to the root of things, that could make you feel at least much better.

I'm hoping I can do this with the help of a counselor and support.