Notices

Such a temporary thing.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Such a temporary thing.

Today as I was taking my little dog for a walk, I thought to myself the thoughts we all probably think, well, if I was to go a couple months and give my liver a break, why could I not have that 4 oz. of wine like Dr. Oz just said today was good for us? Two things came to mind. One. 4 oz. of wine would NEVER be enough for me, and two, drinking is such a temporary thing. When you think about it, we drink just to get to the point of being buzzed and usually end up taking it way further than that, just to go to bed early because we are about to pass out or just tired from drinking. If I were to have a drink right now. (Which is about the time I normally would) I would be buzzed then I would down a couple stiff ones while making dinner. Clean up the kitchen and be in bed by 8:30. If I just don't drink my evening will be over soon and I will going to bed sober, and wake up tomorrow feeling good, like the last 5 days without the quilt. It is just such a temporary thing that only last a few hours out of my day. Just sharing my thoughts while walking a little while ago.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's true it's so little 'gain' and far more pain. I'm glad you have realised this. Amazing thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's one of the benefits to living sober: no more guilt!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Least I like the NO guilt feeling.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
w2r

yeah, about 3 hours of false "bliss", then 23 hours of feeling sub-par.

Evenings were a blurr, couldn't concentrate to read, or if I did, couldn't remember a lot of what I read.

Without drinking, I now have hours of enjoyment time after work. It feels like I'm getting a life!

And whats worse, you even have to pay good money for the booze consumed during those 3 hours......
Old 10-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That little booze a day is good for you thing is so stupid. Just a dumb excuse. You could probably just eat some berries and get the same antioxidants or whatever if that is SERIOUSLY your reasoning. Again, an excuse.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stark6935 View Post
That little booze a day is good for you thing is so stupid. Just a dumb excuse. You could probably just eat some berries and get the same antioxidants or whatever if that is SERIOUSLY your reasoning. Again, an excuse.
oh I have not attentions of doing it, it was just a thought I was sharing. Any way like I said, there is no way 4 oz of wine would EVER be enough for me.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by river2013 View Post
oh I have not attentions of doing it, it was just a thought I was sharing. Any way like I said, there is no way 4 oz of wine would EVER be enough for me.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm just saying there is always some excuse for why you can drink at one time, but if you really think deep about it there are 100 reasons not to.