Notices

44 Days Sober

Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

44 Days Sober

44 Days Of Sobriety! Its amazing how the days just keep adding up.

This has been my 4th weekend out in the real world since my treatment program. Great things are starting to happen in my life.

Things at work are going great, I can attribute that to coming to work with a positive attitude and a clear head now.

I'm starting a new exciting business on top of that that involves health and fitness.

I'm tackling projects around my house that were neglected. Painting, cleaning, organizing bills, etc.

I'm eating healthy (I have GF intolerance and I have cut that out of my life) working out regularly, doing yoga.

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time (sober) on his days off. He works out of town and gets 10 days off a month. This was the first time in our 6+ year relationship that we spent the entire time sober together.

Not to say that there hasn't been some struggle. I still have cravings. They aren't as intense and subside quicker though. I'm able to be mindful of what emotions I'm really feeling -- and able to pop those AV thoughts out of my mind quicker.

I still feel lonely sometimes. But now I have a great network of people I met in recovery that are only a text or call away. And the SR community is great of course ; )

I isolated myself for a couple of years, so it's up to me to go out there and either reconnect with friends or try new things to meet people. New friendships just wont show up at my doorstep -- its up to me to make the effort.

Anyways, that's all for now, hope everyone has a wonderful sober Sunday
Old 10-06-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Big congrats on 44 days sober!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Outstanding. Congrats on 44 days sober!

I am also on day 44 today, so reading your post was a great Sunday morning inspiration. Changes for me also include GF, a clean and shiny apartment, and a general renewed vigor for life. Thanks for reminding me that all those small miracles have taken place in the last 44 days.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Zoey, 44 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done zoey, keep at it. In a few days you will have 60 days, two months. Focus on that goal and you will achieve it.