Notices

Day 6 first feeling of depression

Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 first feeling of depression

This is day 6 all other days I have been really positive. I have been doing great and still am. I was out of town yesterday and had to stay in a hotel I was by myself and instead of heading to a restaurant and sitting at a bar like I normally do I avoided temptation and turned the TV on laid in bed and ordered pizza. I was a little homesick since I'm going through slight mental with drawls but I pulled through and slept little. When I woke this morning I felt amazing, aside from that phantom feeling of quilt and questioning myself what happened the night before. After I realized I didn't drink I was pumped. The only issue was when I was driving home I started feeling depressed and don't know why? Is this usual? Maybe it was because I didn't check in on SR yesterday. I think mainly is because I don't feel normal but I realized that how I was wasn't normal and I just have to get used to the new me. BTW my wife loves the new my temper is way better was her words. what a great woman. Anyway thanks for listening guys your all a big help.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, it's perfectly normal for your feelings to be all over the map in early sobriety. With more sober time it will pass. Your body and brain are relearning how to function normally and it takes some time. Hang in there!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ups and downs are pretty normal in early recovery. It takes awhile to get used to living life without alcohol involved. It sounds like you're doing great.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Yes, it's perfectly normal for your feelings to be all over the map in early sobriety. With more sober time it will pass. Your body and brain are relearning how to function normally and it takes some time. Hang in there!
Thank you! I'm used to handling these emotions with the booze and never accutaly process them. I feel like I'm constantly talking myself out of bad thoughts its comforting to know this will get better! Thanks for the encouragement.