Notices

Stuff this lol

Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuff this lol

Didn't drink last night but wake up with this nasty headache yet again! Two painkillers and back to bed for me I think! Hope u are all enjoying your hangover free Sunday at least I've no guilt etc to go with my headache lol see you all later
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good night !

May you sleep like the dead and wake up fresh as a daisy
Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good going there 13! All those Sunday morning hangovers out there!!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good on you not drinking lastnight.

I had headaches for the first few weeks of sobriety but they didpass
Old 09-15-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think you should go see the doctor and the optician , it's amazing how much alkyhol smothers out everything our bodies are trying to tell us .

Also make a note of how much caffeene you're sticking away , it's not unusual to develop a major caffeene habbit after embrasing ones natural sobriety .

Take care , m
Old 09-15-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have to say that I'm very impressed with how you handled it. Given that your original thread title basically told us that you were going to drink.

Now that you've had this experience, it'll be a lot easier next time and in different situations.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Enjoy the extra sleep and rest knowing you fought off the temptation. Way to go!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job 13! I knew you weren't going to drink!

I had a nasty headache all day yesterday, ruining my Saturday plans, which had included an AA meeting! Oh well. At least it was a regular headache, probably my body just new ting torment after a busy week, and not a hangover.

Sorry about your headache--youre body's going through a lot of adjustments right now. Drink water, rest. It's funny how we alcoholics in recovery think "at least it's not a hangover" lol. If my headache were caused by the prior night's drinking, I would've just started drinking again, to make the headache go away. Sick.

Well it's 4am... Not an insomnia usually... Went to bed early and now I'm wide awake, and I'm not a morning person either. Wondering I should just get up and start my day, or try to get back to sleep.

Congrats again 13, so is this day 15 for you?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I think you should go see the doctor and the optician , it's amazing how much alkyhol smothers out everything our bodies are trying to tell us .

Also make a note of how much caffeene you're sticking away , it's not unusual to develop a major caffeene habbit after embrasing ones natural sobriety .

Take care , m
Yeah I've drank 200grams of coffee in 5 days lol plus two boxes of lattes so I am falling into that category - I always drank a lot of coffee but never this much. Guess I need to be a bit more sensible all round. It's just like me to swap one bad habit for another! I'm also up and down on anti histamines for anxiety and insomnia so I really need to get a grip actually I'm counteracting each one with the other. No wonder I've headaches. Trip to the doctor this week I think. Maybe. I think their sick of seing me lol
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is day number 28 and yes I am still counting lol I think it has its benefits in early sobriety. Anyway argh need to go taking kids to the cinema.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

Hey it's your sobriety to enjoy , I say count if you want its all you !! Just don't let you know who use them as a tool, if its positive moto for you that's great. (it's always 'now' and don't let anything try and convince you otherwise)
maybe as payback you can get SO to massage feet, it works for my wife when she has a headache
wish you well
and great job this week
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

13, oh my gosh so sorry! Day 28, not day 15. Even better! I blame the fact that I wrote that at 4am. Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

YOU MADE IT BUDDY !!!!!

Ironic isn't it, that you woke up with a raging headache. Perhaps a gentle reminder of what could of been had you given up last night...

XO AO
Old 09-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
YOU MADE IT BUDDY !!!!!

Ironic isn't it, that you woke up with a raging headache. Perhaps a gentle reminder of what could of been had you given up last night...

XO AO
Had a raging headache yesterday too lol maybe my brain thought it was a hangover I needed to relieve ha!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobersunshine View Post

13, oh my gosh so sorry! Day 28, not day 15. Even better! I blame the fact that I wrote that at 4am. Hope you have a great day!
Time doesn't matter - it's always now lol x thanks for your support you guys x
Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Cancel that tomorrow's going to be day one again - haha that's what I get isn't it! Karma! Lol even I have to laugh