Notices

Not ready but no choice....

Old 09-15-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well todays the day... I sat there last night on my third drink around midnight. My son wanted to sleep in my room last night so as I laid there restless watching him peacefully sleep i felt my eyes fill up with tears and realized how selfish I had been. Sat my drink down and laid there listening to tv watching him and didn't touch the drink again... Todays as good a day as any. Hopefully the cowboys win handedly since that seems to be my heaviest drinking day is during cowboys games. So wish me luck and is there any day i should worry about more for medical issues? I do have a xanax prescription which i maybe tske one pill a month for anxiety but seizures are my biggest concern so i may use one a day to keep me from seizing while my son is here but when he is back with his mom wed night I'm going at it nl chwmicals just vitamins.... Thank you all for your words you gave me the kick in my pants i needed and my son added the motivation. I took him to a football game last night to keep me from drinking until 9 now i just have to keep my mind and body busy full time.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

JPM-

From a relative newcomer to SR also, and also someone whose desire to be there for his son (7) has contributed to him quitting...

Maybe the elevated liver enzymes, coupled with your obvious love and concern for your son are a wakeup call. You can't change what is past, but you can make a choice to make healthy decisions for the future, and recover to the greatest extent posible. You're taking the first and most important step by not drinking today. It's a great start.

If you get anxious, you can always post here. We've all been scared, have all been nervous, and have all had that first day... many times.

Take care and good luck today.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So far so good. Even in a tight game. Usually I'd be pounding drinks but I really think i had a wake up call last night. My son and I are having a great time watching the game and I havent even been tempted. I know im not out of the woods yet by a long shot but so far so good. I've quit addictions in the past and nevwr looked back im hoping alcohol is just one more thig and final thing in my life that has been addiction after addiction.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That's great news. Working through times when one would usually be drinking is really important. What you're doing is a lot more important and significant than the pressure of a tight game!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game. Keep up the good work!