Notices

Does anyone play any online games?

Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes but I have identified them as a trigger. I never played them sober. Avoiding them now. I started in The Realm (1997) then Everquest, UO, WoW, etc. Too bad cause I was looking forward to a few about to be released.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Guild wars and star wars are quite good. I did enjoy Rift when I tried it but couldnt convince any of my gamer friends to play with me so I havent played since. Thinking about installing star wars again
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can't bring myself to pay for WoW anymore. I play guild wars 2 once in awhile, mostly have been playing Diablo 3, which isn't all that fun to play but it kills time. It's sort of like playing minesweeper but with demons.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I use to play Lineage 2. Was an archmage and made it to level 78 but got tired of the grind so haven't played for awhile.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Used to play wow. Now I play skyrim and diablo 3. Civ 3 is one of my favorite games. I want to play guild wars 2 but I need a desktop. Eve online looks cool. I want to use gaming to help me stay sober but I do not have much free time.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~sb

Runescape.......

it's my escape sometimes! plus I like leveling up.....
Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I did them as a distraction in early recovery but not so much anymore I got a bit tired of them. Numbers in the big MMOs seem to be declining overall. If I hang out there now it's mainly to chat with others but even that is difficult as people hardly seem to interact at all they don't do things as groups so much anymore. So it's not as interesting for me.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Used to play wow. Now I play skyrim and diablo 3. Civ 3 is one of my favorite games. I want to play guild wars 2 but I need a desktop. Eve online looks cool. I want to use gaming to help me stay sober but I do not have much free time.
Eve on line is very cool. However; it is also one of the most time intensive of all MMO's, has a very harsh death penalty, and people take it very seriously. I should know, I subbed for 6 years and was a member of many null sec alliances.

It just got to be too harsh, too much of a second job. I debated going back to the easier sectors of space but, finally just let it go to play something that didn't feel like work itself
Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi, my name is LadyBlue and I'm an XBox Widow. Oh yeah, PS3 too, soon to be PS4. My hubby has a gaming addiction but I live with it. If I tell him I want to do something he'll stop the game.

He's finding lately though that since I'm sober I require a lot more of his time.