Notices

Misdiagnosed? Please read this!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Great advice here in the thread, seriously. Still though, don't get overly spooked about how things might become difficult as time marches onward. What you're dealing with now compared to how you say you struggled before without your new meds is important and not just another thing on your plate.

We can't measure our success entirely from feeling good about ourselves and our lifestyle choices, but feeling good is a critical experience when living a good life, and so in comparison to before your meds and now with your meds it seems like night and day. Awesome.

Medications do work. Medications also can do what nothing else seems to do for some people. Medications themselves are not the complete answer of course, but nothing is ever the complete answer - there are always exceptions to such claims.

Please know even if you experience serious struggles in your near future don't get down on yourself because things became tougher - things will get better again as you learn to adapt and innovate into your new life style choices!

Old 09-08-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As has been said before, there are often reasons why alcohol was so appealing and led so many of us to in effect 'self medicate'. I am very prone to anxiety and two weeks into being sober I am struggling with that. Alcohol reduces the anxiety - temporarily. Unfortunately it is a vicious circle and actually ends up creating more.

I have given myself a month to just to get over the worst of the effects of drinking - and quitting. Then I will need to take stock and address the anxiety issue if I don't want to fall back on my old 'remedy'.