Notices

depressed alcoholic needing some advice

Old 09-02-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depressed alcoholic needing some advice

OK here's what happened the last time I got drunk. I started out the evening as I normally do when I drink. I started off slow with a couple of beers. After I finished those I got a friend to buy me some whisky. I drink 1/3 of that at the house. Then I decided to go out to a bar with my roommates and this is where it gets blurry. I remember going into the bar and ordering a beer. It was after this beer that my memory was gone. I then remember being put into a headlock and kicked out of the bar. The cops then showed up and I got arrested.
It was a horrible weekend spent in jail and I remember asking myself why I did that. I've done this stuff before only never got arrested. I don't know how to handle this. All my friends saw what happened and don't talk to me. Ive pretty much ruined my reputation and I'm sitting here wishing I could change everything but I can't. I've got yo change but I don't know how to handle this problem
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi HD

I found things got worse and worse for me too the more years I drank. I never got arrested but it was luck more than good management.

The best way to handle this is to not drink. You won;t black out anymore, you won;t have legal hassles and you won;t tear yourself apart with shame and guilt.

It's not always easy to stop, but it's not impossible either. You'll find a lot of support here.

D
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

well, maybe start now.

are you ready to stay stopped? see a doctor for a proper detoxing

one day at a time, don't drink, come to SR daily! chat room helps, too!!

Hugs to you
Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You came to the right place for support and understanding. Are you ready to be sober now? Our good friend CarolD used to say that to stay sober you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink. I agree with that.