Notices

Day One - hair falling out, teeth feel loose

Old 04-14-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to have you back with us Kassandra.

I agree about the health issues. I was malnourished from decades of drinking. Losing my hair, nails wouldn't grow, a strange rash that no one ever identified. I'm paying with osteoarthritis now too - no one else in my family has it & none of them are alkies - just me. It can't be a coincidence. So - you are doing a great thing by kicking it out of your life. Welcome back and stay with us.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I had problems with hair loss too...lots of hair in the plug hole whenever I took a shower.

I was also low in iron...I remember going back to my GP after a month of not drinking, she said "oh thank God, you're looking much better"...

She suggested I take a good multi vitamin and extra vitamin D.

I got my hair trimmed a few weeks ago. Hairdresser said "wow, your hair is short but you certainly have a lot of it, good thick hair" Our bodies are amazing at healing when we give them the chance.

I hope you will be fine. Hugs and prayers and welcome back x
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kassandra! SR helped me a lot on my journey. You might want to call the people you owe on the car and see if they can take a partial payment , i.e. ( interest only for a few months) you might be surprised if they don't think your trying to screw them they might work with you as they don't want the car back! Can't hurt to try, better than waking up and seeing it going down the road on the back of a repo truck! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby