Notices

Day 4.. Friday night alone

Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4.. Friday night alone

I've had a pretty good, worked till 7 in a bar which went surprisingly well as good friends of mine were in drinking. Then called at the shops for food and watched everyone stocking up with booze for the weekend, which I was still cool with. Home and the kids have trashed my house and haven't done any of the chores I'd asked them too and sudenly I'm stressed and wanting a drink grrr

They've now gone to there dads for the weekend. My sister inlaw has just called inviting me round for drinks of course, and ive had to explain what's going on with me. She's a matron and recons I'm making to much of the drink thing and I'm depressed and that's why I'm not drinking well lol

Not a good night feeling crap and alone
Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there. Read a book or try to do something else relaxing you like. It will get easier. There are usually people in the chat room here if you want to try it.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will be feeling good in the morning, no hangovers just waking up to a nice day - the first day of autumn.

It will be worth it.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ty I'm gonna try and watch some tv really wish I had some friends that weren't drinkers
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TinkAAA View Post
She's a matron and recons I'm making to much of the drink thing and I'm depressed and that's why I'm not drinking well lol
Ugh. What exactly is "drinking well"? lol. She's not thinking well.

I think there is an online live chat meeting here on Friday. I haven't quite figured out the chat thing. It's my husband's birthday tonight, so I won't make it, but if you're alone and thinking about "drinking well" it might be a nice distraction.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on Day 5, Tink. Hoping for my first sober weekend in 20+ years. My coworker just invited me out for drinks. I declined. But barely. I plan to spend a lot of time on SR this weekend. I hope things go well for both of us. Good luck. We are all in this together.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know that's exactly what I thought.. She drinks far to much too only it's not effecting her life like it is mine yet..
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone just feeling meh

Tomorrow will be better I'm sure
Old 08-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi TinkAAA. I'm sorry it's a tough night. I think Friday nights are often so challenging. Maybe you could think of something fun to do on your own? It sounds silly but sometimes watching a guilty pleasure movie I'd be embarrassed to watch in front of anyone else, or making some tasty food (I'm obsessed with chocolate-covered popcorn, pairs well with movies and doesn't taste especially good with any kind of alcohol), or even trying on strange clothing combinations amuses me. Anything, whatever it is, to help a Friday alone seem like a good opportunity for some kind of fun that doesn't involve booze! I will be implementing this strategy tonight, it's been a hard day (19) for me too.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay strong. In one way there is nothing harder than a night at home alone (especially when you are/were an alone-drinker) - but then again there is nothing more empowering and exciting than seeing it through and getting out the other end in one piece.

Stay strong, stay busy, trust yourself.

Happy Friday.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stick around Tink - there's a lot of people here

D
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to find something to do this evening that makes you feel good. Do something nice for yourself.

And, don't worry about what your sister-in-law thinks about your drinking. It's your opinion that matters.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think a lot of us know that feeling of being alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth that's alone and everyone is out having fun. I've realized that I'm in good company and it's OK to be alone. Drinking doesn't fix anything.

Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thats what were all her for