Notices

Goodbye

Old 08-23-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I will miss you
I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Drop me a PM if you want and if something is upsetting you we can talk. I can be extremely discreet when I promise to be.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Jennie I am so sorry and surprised to read this. I know you've been putting a lot of new actions into your life, doing a lot of reflection and taking this sobriety journey seriously so I'm sorry to learn that SR no longer fits into that. I remember a little while ago you were wanting to cut down on the time you spent here and I assumed that you had managed that. Go well Jennie if you must go, I wish you everything good.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wow, wish it were not so. I am grateful for your thoughtful posts.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Aw, Jennie I don't want you to go but I read on another thread about your recovery routine and it's certainly a very full one so I understand why you don't have much time to spend here. I really hope you do drop back in once in a while.

I remember when I came back here, 48 days ago, and you responded to my thread about it being day 1 again and my mother thinking I wouldn't make it. You put so much thought, personal experience and honesty into your responses that I don't think I'll ever forget you and how you helped me that first day. Thank you.

Anyway, sorry for bumping this thread back up. I'm late to the party, as per usual.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well I am overwhelmed by the responses. I don't know what to say, except thank you for caring so much.

Also, I had to let those of you know who've wondered... this has nothing at all to do with drinking. I'm most certainly not even close to wanting a drink, so rest assured I am sober and happy.

I am not going far, so no worries. Mostly, I am taking a step back and just taking a break, if anything.

Guess I am going through some big internal changes, and yesterday, my initial reaction to an incident was to leave the forum. I was angry, and had every intention to say to hell with SR. But I guess it was hasty.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Oh yeah... I was hopped up on some coffee yesterday when I posted it. Guess you could say I was "under the influence"
Old 08-24-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Well I am overwhelmed by the responses. I don't know what to say, except thank you for caring so much.

Also, I had to let those of you know who've wondered... this has nothing at all to do with drinking. I'm most certainly not even close to wanting a drink, so rest assured I am sober and happy.

I am not going far, so no worries. Mostly, I am taking a step back and just taking a break, if anything.

Guess I am going through some big internal changes, and yesterday, my initial reaction to an incident was to leave the forum. I was angry, and had every intention to say to hell with SR. But I guess it was hasty.

I am from the south as well--puzzle missing here BUT all the love I have to give to you----and you have earned every bit of it!! Be well and God Bless
Old 08-24-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Jennie,
Thanks so much for sharing that. I'm sorry you were upset enough to leave SR completely. We alcoholics are sensitive people and can be hurt easily by others, IMHO. I think this sensitivity is a gift. This doesn't excuse others being hurtful. My suggestion is to ignore the hurtful behavior and report it if it's against the SR rules. By God, this site needs to remain helpful, supportive, and safe. So does that mean your hangin' with us? No pressure. lol

Your Pal,
Cas
Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mostly, I am taking a step back and just taking a break, if anything.

respectfully snipped for space....Jennie, opinions are like other orifices of the body...everyone has them....don't let the yapping get to you, this too shall pass.

Enjoy a sunny warm Sunday! hope to see you soon next week.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ay

If it was an incident here that made you angry, it's important to remember that as great as SR is, there are still bad people. I've run into a few and got quite angry, but the remembered that they don't represent the spirit if recovery and SR anyway. It's no different than dismissing any other recovery method because of the actions of an individual.

Very glad you are still here, and taking a break is just fine. Also very happy you are still sober!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Awe jen...just logged on..plse only stay if u feel u can...u will be sorely missed...and im just so plsd to meet u..xxx stay happy gal..cos u is well beautiful....keep on keeping on...xx hugs xx cleo xxxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 08-24-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-24-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I hope you stick around Jennie. I think it is amazing considering how painful this recovery process is that we are as well behaved as we are. People have ticked me off and then I go back and reread what they have written and it was me being crabby. I am sure I have ticked off a few people. In my defense I go bipolar when I get paws. It's gonna happen but I have yet to run into anyone on this site who is deliberately trying to be an a$$hole.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

What a beautiful and honest place you are in buddy. I am so impressed with you being so willing to look at you. And to accept yourself for being vulnerable and human is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.

So honorable. And so glad I still get to have that beautiful insight of yours.

Blessings.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

The incident wasn't about 'bad people' it was about mods doing their job.

Seeing as Jennies more or less decided to stay I think we can bring this to a close now.

thanks everyone.
D