Notices

First real bad craving today

Old 08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First real bad craving today

I was driving home and I heard an advertisement for a local favorite restaurant of mine. They are now beginning to serve local craft brews. Oh man how I used to love real good beer. I instantly felt sorry for myself. I can never have one of those again. Then I quickly began thinking about all my problems if I were to have one. Sure I can go out and have one, the problem the next time I go out it will be two. I will then feel in control and the next time after that I'll drink four beers and end up driving when I shouldn't. Then after that I'm back at four,five times a week with 6 to 15 beers each time. So I know It'll lead to the same old drinking problem. It took about thirty minutes for the craving and pity party to end. I feel better now and I hope this little story will help someone who deals with similar thoughts.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea; I am w\ you .. I love them good beers lol w\ a nice steak of maybe a good lasagna .. But we can't or as you said would fall into that same d**n trap .. Good Job thinking it through I actually have started to think things through more as well .. Congrats ..
Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You done the right thing and its more power to you! You now know that you can say no - even though you don't want to - you took the step back and weighed up the action vs the consequences. Hats off to you - that was brilliant willpower. I hope I can be as strong as you when my tests rear their ugly wee life destroying voice well done
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for resisting temptation. It gets easier as time goes on.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for not listening or following through to your AV!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I see AV being said a lot - I'm a tad lost as to what it means - any insight anyone please lol
Old 08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
I see AV being said a lot - I'm a tad lost as to what it means - any insight anyone please lol
Alcoholic voice or Addictive voice, doesn't really make a difference. For me it means that little voice in your head who tells you that everything is fine, you can drink. You are just having two drinks every time you go out blah blah blah, you get the drift.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post, and I'm glad you got through that (-:

Addictive Voice-wow, I now have a name for that "voice" that always tells me I can just have 1 glass.
when I know it's going to be sickeningly more...and for days on in.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lol thanks - my brains not quite working yet - thanks for letting me know and I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no idea haha!