Notices

I'm tired

Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm tired

How many meetings is enough to be considered a good member of aa? I'm a single mother my daughter is seven. I work full time and my sponsor and friends from aa think I should make five meetings a week. I'd really love to but I'm physically exhausted I get up everyday at 645 am. I rarely ever have sitters so I take my daughter to meetings but I'm so tired I can barely pay attention during the week when I'm in a meeting. I have brought this up to my sponsor but she just said then I was not willing to go to any lengths to get sober. Im physically exhausted and I'm trying not to getbfrustrated and give up...
Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Sorry you heard that from your sponsor.

There are no set number of meetings, well except for the 90 in 90.
I believe we should all do what we can do.

Have you been to any online meetings?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I am not a AA person, so do not know much about how they do things. But I have been a single parent with a full time job, so can remember being tired and stressed.

It is not a fair comment to say it is lack of motivation to be tired, it is in reality a stupid comment.

Please do not give up.

Do not let such things get to you.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

From years of experience and observation I advise going to meetings till you can't then go to one more. This sounds harsh and I don't understand ........ etc. Try to remember this is a disease that in a heartbeat will take us out if we aren't prepared for its AV attack. A for instance I still, many years sober hear something at a meeting I need to hear for that moment. Hopefully you don't pick up and it got the ear of child protective services. Now that's a shyte storm I don't want involvement in, forget the costs. I admit I heard a lot of things I didn't like when I came around, then I found out they were for my best interest. BE WELL
Old 08-15-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is the sort of thing that terrified me when I went to AA, because I knew I was committed to my sobriety but felt able to only go to one meeting a week. Which is nowt compared to what other people do, but I just didn't feel like I could cope with more, and I don't even have kids. But people said things to me like 'you know when you need to be here' which made me feel welcome even if I wasn't there all the time. Most people were going to every available meeting but they didn't judge me. I don't like that people are made to feel bad for trying their best. Believe in your own instincts and don't push yourself too far. Obviously you have to be vigilant that you aren't slipping into bad ways but I believe people have the ability to monitor themselves. Others may disagree.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you need to do what's right for you.Putting impossible, or at least highly impractical demands, on you is not what you need in early sobriety. If your sponsor is not supportive or makes you feel bad then change your meeting and/or sponsor or look at online meetings. I'm not in AA but do not think it's right when someone is getting sober and made to feel bad or not "fully committed" because they do have to strike a balance between work and family commitments which must be even harder for a single parent who works full time. Making you feel bad is a sure fire way to get you drinking again.

Please don't drink. There are many other sobriety recovery options-AVRT, WFS, SMART, Lifering, someone will have a link I'm sure

I love this and it just makes sense to me ( I'm assuming you're female )

WELCOME TO WFS ONLINE!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had no.problem going four.days a.week.but five is killing me. My seven year old referres to.them as death meetings because suicide is usually always mentioned