Notices

Day 2.....

Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2.....

Ok so its officially the end of day 2. I have not been sober for 2 consecutive days in over 10 years. A good day for me is a bottle of wine or 2. A bad day can be up to 4 or 5 bottles. Today was hard my mind keep telling me" your doing well...grab a bottle on the way home, relax celebrate". I still cant put my mind to the fact I cant have a drink every again, all I can say is for tonight I will be waking up sober. Pros so far: no cloudy morning feeling, no hangoverl. Cons: insomnia, nightmares, constant craving for a drink. Hope day 3 gets easier.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 3 is rough, but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Don't give up.

Keep fighting. You are worth it.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there - you'll be amazed at the difference that just a few more days makes
Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward! Just take one day at a time!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not to sound discouraging, because you can def do this, but im on day 6 and nothing has gotton better as far as what you mentioned above, for my self that is. Everyones different, I just wouldnt want someone to say that "this only lasts a couple days" cause I was told that, and it turned out not to be that way at all. But then again, it maybe that for some. eventuslly it will go away, as to when, I have no clue. but either way, you can do it!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Boy, the last thing you want to do at the beginning of recovery is start thinking about never drinking again. That will do your head in fast. I'm over 9 months sober and its still something I don't dwell on.

It's a cliche to say "One Day at Time", but it's the truth. Don't look past today, and tomorrow when you wake up, try to think of reasons not to drink that day too, instead of reasons to drink.

Before you know it the days start accumulating and you have more and more reasons not to drink and slowly it becomes easier.

Make no mistake about it though, those early days are tough. I've said it here before multiple times, for me, the first ten days are the hardest. Then slowly I felt energy coming back to my body and this strange feeling of hope that a better future was actually possible. Absolutely liberating.

Sobriety requires patience, but if you can stick out, the rewards are amazing.