Notices

first time posting

Old 08-10-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first time posting

I've finally decided to make a serious commitment to stop drinking. The last year or more has been filled with such thoughts, only to fail within a few days. But I realized I deserve better and would like to get back on track before I descend further down this dead-end street. Today is day 2...
Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you opened the door. I found this site in March and lurked around until this month. I joined the class of August after saying " after this weekend after this weekend.... " well, that wasn't getting me anywhere. Check out the class of August if you would like. It won't hurt too bad
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Places! Glad you are committing to sobriety. One sober step at a time...you can do this, and you will feel so much better about life.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me, too. Sick of years of telling myself I need to quit every morning only to mess up again that night and repeat it all over. The dead-end street you're talking about is coming freight train fast, it's time to make a permanent change. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome places.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm new just like you, this is day 4 for me. We can both do this, the difficulties will be completely worth being able to live hangover free and able to look ourselves in the mirror and our family in the eyes.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR places, good to have you with us. Great decision to quit, it was the best move I ever made x
Old 08-10-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"Sick of years of telling myself I need to quit every morning only to mess up again that night and repeat it all over. The dead-end street you're talking about is coming freight train fast, it's time to make a permanent change. Good luck.
It may be years ago for me but that's my remember when I never want to TRY to repeat and won't as long as I don't pick up the first drink. It may be a little soon however stopping drinking DOES NOT eliminate the reasons we drank and that needs serious attention to keep from repeating the same insanity. It's a process of one minute/day at a time. BE WELL
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome places! Congrats on day 2. Finally deciding to quit drinking is one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Places, welcome to this wonderful forum, I joined yesterday, its healthy day 7 for this alcoholic I never thought I could make it trough Saturdays, but here I am at 6.22pm waiting for dinner to be ready with a cup of coffee in front of me.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today is my day 2 as well. I've been to 2 AA meetings both Thursday and Friday night and am planning to go again tonight. I even got a 24 hour chip last night! Just live through this minute, then the next as I'm trying to do and we'll both keep on this path!