Notices

Day 5, all is fine

Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, all is fine

Hey,

I'm on day 5 and the withdrawal is going away. The flu is worse, apart from one thing: the desire to drink.

I feel the cravings, bit I just look at them and think "Hey, that's there" and move on. It's just a feeling essentially. And when they are really strong, I just realize that no matter how strong they are, I don't need to give in to them. And they'll pass.

The hardest part are the first 3 days. Experiences may vary, but for me there was this heavy period, a point where I just wanted to drink, and then that just went away. That's the hurdle you need to get past.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good. Still a bit sick from the withdrawal, but that's ok. The addiction has been broken. I know that I can now drink normally and socially within acceptable limits. It's funny how that becomes obvious.

Anyway, thanks for all the support from here. Years of being an alcoholic and all it took was 5 days for it to go away. Maybe a bit longer for others, but still, 2 weeks isn't long.

And for the cravings. They're there until they go. But I really don't feel like acting on them.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

????????

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good. Still a bit sick from the withdrawal, but that's ok. The addiction has been broken. I know that I can now drink normally and socially within acceptable limits. It's funny how that becomes obvious.

???? ??????
Are you returning to drinking?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Seriously? The addiction has been broken and you think you can drink normally? Wow! You are in MAJOR denial! I suggest you get to an AA meeting or some other support group ASAP. Your AV is working overtime.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Need I remind you of your very first post on here:

I'm new here. Hi. Alcoholic on the road to destruction.

I drink 2 to 3 bottles of wine each evening. Which has been going on for about 4 years now. It used to be one bottle, now 2 don't even give me a hangover anymore.

My liver is not damaged yet but close to it. My stomach hurts. My blood results are terrible. If I keep going like this, I'll have a heart attack by the time I'm 40. I'm 32 btw.

Worst part is, I'm a functioning alcoholic. I can be drunk as f, but no one will notice. I'm typing this 2+ bottles of wine down and I'm perfectly able to think and make sense. Still drunk as f though.

This needs to stop. I have quit for a while, until the cravings came on so strong. It was 2 weeks. And the plan was to drink just one bottle. That was a month ago and since then I have drunk 2-3 bottles a day again.

PLEASE REALIZE YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DRINKING!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MTD

Day five here and be aware of the addiction its talking. I also had that thought I can drink normal again. But I know that i have no control over it and if you give in expect to get back to that dark place once again. STAY strong and be aware of the addict that is talking!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 5 here as well. I thought the same thing. After 2 mo sober, I thought hey, lets see if I can drink normal again. That turned into 2 weeks of desperate drunk isolation. Woke me up real quick. One think I have learned at least...if I am going to drink, that will be the outcome always. Don't try to find out for yourself. Read and listen to what a majority of these people have gone through. Stay strong!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to seem harsh Dorian but your post screams delusion. Take half an hour to read around these forums - all of the people who thought they could drink normally, some falling back into the trap for months and years. There are some who never leave the trap.

I hope you won't be one of them. Your ADDICT VOICE has taken over you. I sincerely hope it's temporary. Tell the AV to sling it's hook and do not be fooled. You're worth so much more.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HEEEEEELP!!!!! Please listen to everyone here !! Don't CON yourself ! xxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't forget the words you wrote a couple days ago :

"Today I thought, "Why not have another night of drinking? Just one last time. It can't hurt, right?".

Before that I wasn't even aware of drinking, I was busy.

The moment that thought came up, I saw it for what it was. A lie. Another night of drinking can and will hurt. It will feed the addiction. So I replaced it with the miserable future I'd be heading to if I did drink. And believe me, any desire just flowed out of me."
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Food for thought... I figured that once I got rid of the addiction, I could simply be a "normal" drinker. Non-problematic.

So are you saying that the addiction stays and that not having a drink ever again is the solution? That's fine by me, but I didn't know that.