Notices

Hello

Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

My son is 20yrs old and has used since about 14yrs old. Started with mj smoking, some etoh, then went to Xanax bars in HS and around 18 discovered DXM. In the past couple years, he has been suffering from social anxiety disorder(OCD about it)-I think it has been brought on by his drug use. Because as a child, he was very social and chatty in class, often getting in trouble for being so. The bad thing is, is that he is OK with taking illicit drugs/cough syrup in HIGH doses, but argues that he doesn't want to be dependent on brain chemical altering drugs---->his anxiety med! So, he stops it randomly! It baffles us, really. He researches things until there's nothing more to learn about them and decides that anxiety meds (celexa) abnormally affect your dopamine levels and that is (in some way) not good. I could not repeat to you what he read about it or why it's not good but he did read this...so now while he's in jail, he has stopped the med. Ugh.

He is highly intellectual, very philosophical. So much so, that I think to his detriment. He has been in legal trouble (jail twice-right now currently) many times, ALL incidents were while he was 'high' on SOMETHING. I am talking high out of his mind....ie talking to tree while on DXM is one example. His drug use has caused him so much angst and trouble, yet he continues. There are so many stories.

It's a very sad situation, really. I'm numb right now.

Found this site and decided to post.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No half measures

You may wish to check out ALANON. You wii learn a whole lot about what you can and can not do. How to support but not enable and how to take care of yourself
Old 08-06-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, I'm glad you are here seeking support for yourself.