Notices

16 Days Sober 16 Meetings

Old 08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 16 Days Sober 16 Meetings

Wow for the first day since being sober I have not felt as tired today. The weird dreams are going and sleep patter is improving.
Socially I also feel better - speaking to family and plan to go back to work next week.
Carvings were really bad yesterday. I think my mind was telling me "You feel better now so you can have a drink". I managed to fight it off and woke up fresh again this morning.
The reality is alcohol is everywhere and I cannot hide forever. I have started feeling more confident in going into the newsagent, this time I just bought fags and no alcohol. I went on the football last night and rather than drinking in the pub before and after the game and managed to just walk past it. Little steps like these seem to improve my confidence and show I can go without a drink.
Cravings were on my mind today but not as intense and still go to AA meetings in the evenings. My blood results came back high a couple of weeks ago which was a big wake up call. I plan to give another sample in 4 weeks and my doc says if I continue to abstain they levels should come down.
From previous experience this is my most vulnerable time to relapse when I start to feel better. I have taken a different approach this time by going to AA each evening rather than just ad-hoc and will continue to attend. Your support has also been great.
Since the beer goggles have come off and my mind has started to clear I have become less paranoid about myself and stopped thinking that the whole world is against me. Everyone has problems in life whether that be debt, terminal illness, marriage issues whereas originally I thought it was just me that had the problems.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

BigBobby, 16 Days Sober 16 Meetings? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Waking up not feeling terrible ,is great .

I think we all felt so bad we did not know what feeling good was really like .
Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi bigbobby good for you, I know the feel of walking by the beer store and just keep walking, is a wonderful confident booster
lets keep doing in it
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeh it is nice not to have "Dry Mouth Syndrome", a splitting headache with my head down the loo in the morning.
I feel at peace of mind in the morning as I do not have to worry about doing anything stupid the previous day. I am not violent or aggressive when intoxicated but prone to saying things which make people worried.