Notices

I failed, I failed, I failed

Old 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DS

we may restart the count but noone ever really loses those 35 days - all they accomplished, all they learned, all the well-being...it's all still there.

The only way you could lose it is to choose to throw it away.

I think Anna has a great point - look at what happened - nothing ever just happens - think about how you were feeling, how the day when , what went through your head beforehand, what went through your head as you were going to the shop and after?

We may go into auto pilot, but there's always a before and after. Think about it

All of that stuff can be useful. We need to learn from our mistakes to stop them happening again, y'know?

D
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

DS777 - much of what I'd like to have said has been covered already, so I will keep it simple, and as I'm a metaphorical kind of gal..

You only fail if you quit trying. Any new skill requires patience, perseverance, and practice. Some people are musical recovery prodigies and don't require practice to achieve their goals. It seems to come easily. Others spend their whole lives committed to what they love- making music of their lives, no matter how much practice it takes. Pick up and try again. There is no shame in not being perfect when you are learning. The important part is to learn and grow, set aside the time, patience and kindness to yourself to sit down and consciously get better every day.

Treat yourself like a child learning to play the violin, or heck, tying their shoes. Their commitment to task is whole hearted and singularly driven. Mistakes are frustrations but quickly forgotten in their drive to try again. Approach your recovery the same way, with the same kindness you would give that child. This is a whole new way of living for you... Just don't give up until you've written the symphony of how you want the rest of your life to look.