Notices

I'm back to day one but I think this is it.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back to day one but I think this is it.

I just went 4 days sober and was feeling really good. I slipped up last night because I was excited to watch a movie and I usually like to get drunk while I watch. Waking up this morning I felt pretty bad, I'm laying in bed right now because I don't feel like doing anything. Its time for me to focus on my sobriety and realize that there are absolutely no benefits from drinking alcohol. It amazes me how something that has no real benefits for your life is used and admired by so much of the population. I know I can do this, I'm going to put on my war paint and take this addiction head on, Braveheart style. Thank you, all of you for your support.I've never appreciated so many people I've never met. It is truly amazing. Stay strong everyone.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi grocerease. It took me a long time to realize that drinking never made anything more fun or easier - it never enhanced any activity. It didn't add a thing to my life, only brought me misery & regret. You picked up out of habit - you don't need that stuff to enjoy yourself. I think you're realizing that. Glad you are starting again - you can do this.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YOU CAN DO IT! Positive thoughts = positive results. Happy to hear you are not giving up! Great attitude!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We need to remember the old eastern/oriental idea of flowing with the enemy. Don't resist demons because you will only give them strength that way, we need to see through our demons. Once we see through them we can see they have no power over us. We can get through this thing!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For a lot of us alcoholics, knowledge of our condition doesn't keep us sober. We must take some sort of action. Whether it's staying close to this site, AA/NA, or another support group, most of us need something of these sorts to rely on. In turn, we find more independence and self-sufficiency. (Paradoxical, yes?)

PM me if you'd like some support or have any questions. I'd be glad to help.

Best of Luck!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think that many of us have experienced being sober, drinking, being sober, drinking. I know I have. You can do this, and it can stick. We are here for you. Please keep posting and reading. Look out for other tools that you can put into your recovery toolbox. We need all the help that we can get.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey grocerease
I'm glad you're back

I kinda agree with the others here tho - maybe you need to do a little more than just declare there's no benefits to drinking?

Think about things you can change in your life -even something as simple as preparing for the next time you see a movie is a change.

Think about more support too, maybe - do you think you have enough? do you use it enough?

D
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are right I need every type of support possible. I will heed any advise I can get. Thank you.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

grocerease–that's funny, I had the exact same number of days (4) and slipped yesterday too. Today is so far so good. I hope we both make it through :-)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I found it helpful to remember there are billions of sober people on the planet that live happy forfilled sober lives .

I also found it helpful to remember how bad alcohol makes me feel , i know it sounds counter intuative but if I focus on the pain and suffering it caused in the past, staying sober now is less of a challenge .

Good luck , m