Notices

4th Day Clean & Detoxing From Heroin.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face 4th Day Clean & Detoxing From Heroin.

It's been tough.. I'm honestly surprised I've made it this far. My boyfriend and I are doing this together and him and I have the most ambition and confidence I've personally had in a very long time. I've been absuing opiates for about 3 years now, and just started using heroin a year ago and it esculated very quickly. I regret many things, the money I've wasted, stolen, lied, burned bridges with people in my life I care deeply about, and many more. I got my boyfriend into heroin, but now we're getting ourselves out. I feel like I met him for a reason, because I've tried detoxing before but I'm my own worst addictive enemy and I can never do it alone.
Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for detoxing from heroin? Any at home remedies to take that help cure withdrawal symptoms? I'm currently taking the advice from some online articles:
Melatonin (to help with sleep)
Imodium
Valerian Root
Ibuprofen
Motrin PM
Daily Vitamins
and Gatorade
I'm also getting some klonopins tomorrow... because I have a severe anxiety problem but stopped taking my Celexa in the mist of using the heroin more and more, and now my anxiety is through the roof. I heard klonopins helped a lot. As long as I don't use a high dose, and for a short period of time.

Thank you I'll be looking forward to anyone's reply! I can't help but read articles and forums like this website because it keeps me driven, and in the back of my mind I know I can fight this demon.

Ashley
Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah I've been there, it's tough. Though for me day 3 and 4 were always the hardest. I would add bananas. The potassium helps ease the muscle aches/tightness. They helped me out a lot.

I hope you pull through, there will be many times over the next month where things will seem out of control, and you'll feel like you can't push through. Just remember it will pass.

As far as the klonopin goes, I'm not going to say don't use it, I'm just going to say for me I had to stay away, it made it so that I didn't think as much about my actions, and everytime I took a benzo of some kind I ended up screwing up (I also had/ have very bad anxiety? I'm not saying that's you, I'm just saying be careful.

Keep it up, your life could change so much, you could be so surprised.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was also thinking about talking to my doctor about getting on some type of anxiety or depression medication. Because that's the main thing that's killing me right now, is my depression. I just don't know if I come out and ask for klonopins she would be very willing to give them to me just because so many people abuse them. Every single time I think about my family and the thought of them possibly going through the death of me if I continued to use, just makes me instantly want to burst out in tears. I just can't help but think about sad things. I guess it's because while I was using heroin, I was so used to feeling good and I just pushed away all my bad thoughts and feelings. Even when my grandmother died, I never cried until one other time when I was withdrawaling. It's like when I use I'm just this solid rock of selfishness and anti-emotional statue. Now that I'm free from that statue I just have so many thoughts screaming in my head, I feel like some mental help is definitely needed. I'm still very early in my recovery, and according to statistics most people relapse within their first 2 weeks. The mental aspect of it lasts for months... So I need as much help as I can get because I'm not going back!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi fightinglioness

I think it's a great idea to speak to your Dr - especially if you're considering prescription meds.

we can share our experience here, but we can't give you any kind of medical advice or recommendations

D
Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Fightinglioness,

Congratulations on 4 days clean, that is huge! We all have regrets, and some of them are pretty lousy. Try not to think about those now, you'll have plenty of time to address them later in your recovery. Just don't get high today.

Welcome, it's great to have you here.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

fighting Lonliness,

it's good you and your boyfriend are helping each other and quitting, be super strong if you can, because sometimes when a pair is in it together if one falls down the other follows, take care of yourself....

you are not alone, everyone here at SR is with you...

thinking of you and pulling for you!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you,it's a hard decision to do what u are doing,be careful with the klonipin ,it can be as addictive as the dope. I've used this stuff call kratom,it's sold in head shops and is supposed to help with opiate detox.you have to just treat the symptoms and ride it out. I'd invest in some over the counter sleep medicine because you will be tired and then you won't be able to sleep,the stuff that NyQuil puts out is good..other than that just keep hydrated and take long hot showers,I've kicked so many times I've lost court,just remember that you never have to feel like this again..you save yourself or you remain unsaved...all the best to you and your boyfriend!!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I got clean I went to many NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meetings. The support and advice I received from the members literally saved my life. Stay tough through your detox; it will be worth it in the end
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone! Today is Day 5. The klonopins really helped me sleep after a 12 hour work shift, which was amazing. I slept straight for 5 or 6 hours which is a miracle to me right now. I'm going to a couple N/A meetings on Monday and Tuesday, I'm really excited about that.
Yesterday my boyfriend and I had $200 from a paycheck, and we didn't even THINK about spending it on dope. Instead we bought groceries and gas. I feel like that's a big step for us because whenever we have any amount of money we're always scrounging to get high with it. Every last nickel, gone. And it feels good to have money in my wallet not thinking about when I'm going to pick up again. It's been amazing not having that routine anymore, looking, waiting, hoping to get high. Going to sell our personal items only to make like $30 for a stupid fix. It was so pointless, we were so malnurished all the time because food was not our highest priority. Now that we're eating better, I feel a lot better too. My head can think straight and my body has a lot more energy even with the withdrawals. Day 5 hasn't been painful at all, I think it's because the klonopin is helping my seviere anxiety SO much and it's putting me in such a good mood at work.
I'm confident, and with the help of sites like this and N/A I know we're going to pull through and create a better life, and a better relationship with my boyfriend.

Thanks <3
Old 08-02-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

fightinglioness thank you....you have helped me today...

pulling for you.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

wiscsober, thank you I'm so happy to hear that! Even though it's only the very beginning of my recovery but it feels so good to know that I've helped someone else already