Notices

4days sober feeling overwelmed

Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4days sober feeling overwelmed

i find it difficulty to wake up in the morning without a severe headache feeling like wasted my mental state is not right not intending to have a drink seriously want to get my self back again i have lost everything because of drinking financially and emotionally. this is my trigger to pick up the drinks things i don't have

I keep telling myself it will get better its about me getting better but its very hard. i have let myself down so many times i feel like all the doors are shut apart from pain and misery i don't want to feel this way Iam not a negative person.

what makes it worse everyone i know are drinkers or on drugs.
i have stayed away from all this negativity.. i feel very isolated is this feeling normal?.self pity and allot of fear like im going mad...this deep pain feeling inside i cant put it in words..im 23years old feel like my time has come to an end..i cant believe im posting this..
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hey Maria,

Sorry to hear you're in a struggle. Four days is an awesome start and congrats on that! Often it's still too soon for the physical and emotional aftereffects to disappear. Just remember to drink again would just be to start all these feelings over again--the sickness and feelings of having been let down.

I think the feeling of isolation is normal. Especially when our social identity has been wrapped around alcohol or drugs. I know it's tough in the beginning to believe that things are going to get better. Sometimes it just takes faith to keep carrying on, even if it doesn't look like there's any good up ahead.

Don't even worry about times you've felt you've let yourself down before. Few of us ever got it right the first time. I couldn't even tell you how many times I messed up and had to start at the beginning. What had happened, happened. You've got another day now to make it through. Finish this day well. Tomorrow you can think about tomorrow.

Take care, be strong and don't lose hope. I don't say those as empty words but promises from someone who's been thoroughly beaten down but managed to climb back up. This, today, can be your turn.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It will get better Maria. After the first week, you should start to feel physically better I hope, and once the body starts to feel better, it's a little easier to start working on the mind part of it.

Congrats on 4 days...hang in there!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Four days is very early in recovery. Give yourself at least a month to start feeling normal again. And whatever you do, don't drink!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Congrats on 4 days, Maria! Yeah, the first few days are hard, but as you say, it will get better. I started feeling a lot better after about a week. Take it a day at a time or an hour at a time if you have to.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I felt the same way early on. What helped me the most was alot of hard exercise. It gets better. Keep going.