Notices

Day 9

Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

Well today is day nine for me. Yesterday was the first day I got a little anxious. I am shooting for 14 days and then 30. I need this time to clear my head and get it on straight as I find an apt (think I got the right one in WNC) Just waiting to hear back on approval--and the jobs...applying everywhere and anywhere. I need to work and get back into a routine and back to the old me. I have not missed a meeting since last Sunday. Not too bad. I am staying optimistic that all the prayers and my clarity get me through the next few weeks and a job! I'm feeling ok today. An oil change and then to another meeting. I need them right now. Plus they keep me busy and not wallowing in fear and anxiety. I cant wait till day 30. Good week to you all!
S
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on 9 days Shelpy
Not to be a downer but what is so important about day 30? I hope you are not planning a relapse.
hugs
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Well done on day 9! Take it one day at a time. Great job on going to a meeting every day. If you continue to put your sobriety first, things like a new place to live and a job will surely follow. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No planning on drinking again. It will just be a big milestone for me as if I remember correctly I think the longest has been 12 days...Once I get 30 I can shoot for another 30 and yes day by day.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Shelpy, congrats! You are doing so well and I am so glad AA is helping you stay sober. I also have Carlotta's question, though...why 30 days? If it's a goal then that's awesome but just be aware that sometimes your tricky, addictive mind will use those sorts of things to get you drinking again. That's why AA does the one day at a time approach. If it works for you to keep specific timeframes in mind to help you strive towards a goal, great, but just be aware of not letting anything sidetrack you once day 30 comes. There might be a tendency to say, "Whew, see, I made it 30 days, I CAN control my drinking" and then you go back to the bottle. I did it plenty of times so that's the only reason I am mentioning it.

In any case, you're doing fabulous, keep going!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What my sponsor tells me is to remember there is a power greater than me (what??? Are you kidding me??? :-) ) everyday I read the Big Book, chapter 6, Into Action, specifically page 85. "What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.) I work steps 1, 2, 3. I have forgotten the daily reprieve too many times and ended up in tomorrow where fear awaits me. It takes practice to stay right here, right now - when I stay right here, right now and give everything to my Higher Power, including tomorrow, my anxiety subsides and today becomes the most important day of my life. That's what I'm working on right now. Whew! What a relief! Stay with it Shelpy!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck with your apt and congrats on day 9 Shelpy

D