Notices

Craving before milestones....

Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Craving before milestones....

It seems like I have had my strongest cravings just before hitting a milestone. I did before 1 month, 2 months, and then again today....just 2 days before I hit 3 months!

So strange...has anybody else found that?

FYI....I didn't drink though:-)

Last edited by Dee74; 07-28-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: title fix
Old 07-28-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job dolly I don't know why but seems like the further you get the more real it gets. It's no longer a "phase" it's actuality the new existence. It's like the old part puts up the resistance! Your doing soooo amazing. I know how hard these cravings get, can make you mad angry sad cry hate but once it leaves its so the quiet after the storm. And peace returns!

Sorry you had to go through thus struggle it will make your 3rd month mark even more victorious!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had to read this thread because my brain was coming up with about a half-dozen different possibilities for what a "mimestone" is.

Congratulations on 3 months! That is awesome! I think early on the tendency to count days and pay attention to milestones just puts drinking on the mind. Along with focusing on the milestone came thoughts of drinking as well as cravings for me.

It will pass with time. I am coming up on 8 months and it is not happening any more. Keep it up!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ I fixed the title.

I'm not sure why that happens for some people - it didn't for me - but the important thing is you stayed sober Dolly

D
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks! Lol....I have been trying to figure out how to correct the mimestones thing, but it looks like the helpful moderators have taken care of that for me! Thanks Dee and company:-)
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is timely for me. I have a year approaching and I actually have been battling the idea of getting drunk as a reward! I'm not going to, even if I have to lock myself in the house, but I'm rationalizing all over the place about how I could do it just that one day.

The main thing that stops this train of thought is this: if I drink, which would most certainly be a mini binge at the least, I could die. For real. Like dead in the ground with grieving family and friends shaking their heads about what happened. My body chemistry has changed, I'm taking some meds that I should not mix with alcohol, and I definitely so t want to die.

I don't want to be one who doesn't make it back. So I'm already making plans to protect myself from myself. It is sad sometimes we have to do this but my will to live sober is stronger than my desire to be drunk for 2 hours.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I binge and during the hangover I never think about drinking, but after a few weeks or a month I tell myself maybe I can just have a couple. Before my relapse what helped me was exercise and rest, also still seeing a counselor and doctor.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
I think early on the tendency to count days and pay attention to milestones just puts drinking on the mind.
Exactly , only for me it was ok you got 1 week , then ok you got 2 weeks. It's the AV thinking " hey your doing it , can't let that happen " trying to trick you up

Tr
Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

I read somewhere about the body changing every 30 days and found it to be true with recovery.

Each new month is a new you!

Unfortunately, the body cells have memories and seem to want to sabotage our progress. Stay strong and stay stopped!

Congratulations on 3 months!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No half measures

I try to think of milestones as just another day. We are in sobriety for the long haul. Day 10, 100, 1000, 10,000 are just another day. I will do today what I need to do to stay sober. Tomorrow is not today
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Luckily my cravings have disappeared. I am celebrating 6 months today and have had no desire to drink. Hopefully your cravings will disappear soon. Congrats on 3 months.