Notices

Emotional!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional!

I came clean today and told many of the people in my life that I was out of control and am now not drinking ...

I am feeling good, this is day 6 for me of clean and sober. I have been so tired, I get home from work and take a nap. I am feeling lonely though, usually when I felt this way I would go out and drink party etc...

Now I am a little lost, I know there are many things I can do but not at 10:50 pm ... Sooo I came here to write about what I am feeling.

I used alcohol as a buffer for so long, three years of hangovers and feeling lousy did a lot of damage to my emotional well being. Made so many wrong choices, of course I am trying not to dwell too much.

I have started a journal and it really helps writing down everything that is on my mind...

Right now I am dealing with each minute and trying to stay on this path, it is so hard when the friendships you built was around bars or hanging drinking... It is a lonely road right now adjusting and trying to figure out how to live a new way....

I will confess last Tuesday I almost ran over a couple of young people crossing a dark street because I was driving drunk and trying to text... That was my wake up call, haven't touched a drink ever since..

I need Advice is very much appreciated.... Thanks for reading...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome! Glad you are here.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, and congrats on day 6!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. Do keep posting and tell us how you are coming along. I found that the start of recovery was an emotional roller coaster but I managed to get through it and you can too. Keep telling us how you're doing. Do it one day at a time and talk to other folks, preferably folks who are trying to recover, just as you are. Good luck.

W.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. I feel strong at this moment...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on your progress Silvy

D
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for making the decision to stop drinking.

I think journaling is a great way to record your feelings and watch your progress.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome! Journaling sure has helped me! All that emotional stuff clogging my mind!! And I'm just the mom looking in!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Silvy,
At 10:50 pm
I am watching something or posting or reading here. Or as now both. Or were I working and not re-tired in bed reading. Did you realize you are journaling now? You can click on your name and then in your public profile click on statistics then on view all posts, and there are all your posts in chronological order. I get a kick out of reading some of my early posts again, remembering how I felt back then. But they are like home movies/videos, of interest to only ourselves.

Congrats on making the decision to quit before it progresses any further. It does get bad for all if we keep drinking long enough.

Sounds like you can do well and have whatever family and friends care supporting you by letting them know your situation. I let mine know too, read my doc in, and checked into the VA hospital for a week detox. Hiding was no longer possible anyway. As if no one knew.

Post and read here a lot. Good folks and groups here. Worked for me with all the local face to face help.

Welcome again Silvy.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks itchy ... I will just keep coming here. I dont have many friends outside of bar and family is all in Brazil so I am dealing with a lot alone. .. it is ok I plan on making some new friends and healthy relationship