Notices

Day one again.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one again.

Well, after six months dry, I gave in to the siren call of alcohol. My wife came home yesterday from a week in Dallas at a Stephen Ministry leadership conference. We celebrated her homecoming with both of us having two glasses of wine. Not a huge slip but a slip nevertheless. So, I have hit the reset button and now my dry date is 22 July 2013. Only one day of drinking out of 180 is pretty good, I guess, but not good enough for me.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm trying very hard not to count days. I hope I never do but eventually I could slip. If I do it doesn't mean that all that time sober doesn't count because it counts to being and staying mentally, physically, and spiritually well.

I think you should be very proud of your six months and it sounds like you've renewed your commitment.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cascabel View Post
Well, after six months dry, I gave in to the siren call of alcohol. My wife came home yesterday from a week in Dallas at a Stephen Ministry leadership conference. We celebrated her homecoming with both of us having two glasses of wine. Not a huge slip but a slip nevertheless. So, I have hit the reset button and now my dry date is 22 July 2013. Only one day of drinking out of 180 is pretty good, I guess, but not good enough for me.
Catch it now. I started with 1 beer 8 months ago,and was up to 30 oz of vodka a day, and just got out of detox yesterday! Congratulations on staying sober that long!!