Notices

Hello Again To You All!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2004, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUSTINE

Hello Again To You All!!!!!!

HEY EVERYONE.
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU ALL.IM STILL GOING STRONG BUT STILL GET ON AND READ ALL THE POSTINGS FOR STRENGTH AND REMINDERS OF WHAT I AM DOING THIS ALL FOR.NOTHING LIKE A GOOD DOSE OF REALITY TO GET YOU THINKING HEY!!!!
I READ ALL THE POSTINGS OF PEOPLE LIKE ME JUST BEGINNING THEIR RECOVERY AND IT REMINDS ME I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS.
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WHEN YOU ARE NEARLY 2 MTH CLEAN IF THE HIGH YOU ARE ON IS ONLY TEMPORARY???
I FEEL LIKE I COULD CONCOUR THE WORLD AND FEEL SO STRONG EMOTIONALLY THEN SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THIS IS JUST A PART OF THE DETOX?????
I REALLY DONT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS CAUSE I LIKE HOW I AM FEELING.THINGS ARE SO MUCH CLEARER TO ME AND I HAVE CHANGED LIKE I HAVE WOKEN UP FROM A LONG LONG SLEEP AND NOW I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR TAKING THIS JOURNEY WITH ME!!!!!!! :sink
Old 05-23-2004, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by justine
...snip.
I REALLY DONT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS CAUSE I LIKE HOW I AM FEELING.THINGS ARE SO MUCH CLEARER TO ME AND I HAVE CHANGED LIKE I HAVE WOKEN UP FROM A LONG LONG SLEEP AND NOW I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR TAKING THIS JOURNEY WITH ME!!!!!!! :sink
You're welcome Justine!
As for that beautiful high you're on, feel it and enjoy it for all it's worth. The elation one feels at finally being free from the obsession to use can be very sweet indeed. Only you know in your heart why such joy is in your life right now. Magical isn't it?
Old 05-23-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY JUSTINE,HIGH ON LIFE.PRETTY COOL HUH.
LOVE THE CAPITOL LETTERS.KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
I FEEL THE SAME WAY,I DO HAVE MY MOMENTS THOUGH!
SAY HELLO TO KATH,SHE'S A PERTH PERSON TOO!......ted
Old 05-23-2004, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Justine,

It sounds like you're doing great! I think what you're talking about is that people often feel so really good being sober, but then are reminded that life is still full of problems. Of course, this is true, but being sober enables you to handle them so much better!

Love, Anna
Old 05-23-2004, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
spirit

hi justine, well the euphoria of sobriety is part of the 'change' but that is a good thing. i dont think it is anything do with detox as such but is a bit like a 'honeymoon'

but as i said that is ok, the trap is not feeling too invincable thinking you could just have one to test your strength or whatever. this is where you may come unstuck.

it is where i came unstuck! i was 71 days in, and thought, "she'll be rgiht"

i had a few other stresses at the time, but nothing that i couldnt handle, i was doint ok. i remember picking up that first drink after 71 days. i was out at a work dinner and was feeling strong an all that and i thought having a drink could be a reward for all the hard work.

i also felt like i could control the booze, like a grown up haha, so of course i had a glass of wine with dinner. that was ok, when i got back to my hotel room irang room service, ordered a coke which they were going to charge me $6.00 to bring the can fup two flights of stairs haha. so i went to get the coke from the bar. big mistake, i bought a bottle of wine.

i havent had more than 30 days since that time last november. dotn get me wrong, i am not dinking every day, have only had a couple of nights when i got really drunk, but i havent been able to kick it any longer since taht time.

so as dan said, enjoy the joy of your recovery, celebrate it in sober style, use the power you feel to keep going, dont get tricked like i did,

hugs to you and keep going

hey we could do coffee - see dan, two sheilas hahaha

cheers
kath
Old 05-23-2004, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Two Sheilas?
Strewth, double yum
Old 05-23-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile Hi Justine

I have a bit of sober time in now....and it's been a long time coming. I understand how you're feeling, I also feel good, but part of me is really scared, still don't trust myself. I know in time it will get better, I've had to stop and think, and say ok, you don't want to drink, so just don't, the consequences of it just aren't worth it, plus I know what to do now, so tired of fighting this alone.

Good to see you doing so well Justine..keep on going....we don't want to go back there.

Take care of YOU Justine
Old 05-23-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello Justine, You can keep that feeling, it is not just in our heads anymore being clean & sober put that feeling in our hearts. Embrace your good feelings it is another blessing. Keep making the right choice it only gets better. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Hey Justine, I am so glad to have read the thread. I am on day 2 no hangover and day 3 no booze. I am feeling alittle needy right now but I am not going to drink. i am looking foward to get that feeling that you have that is what i am working on now. this withdrawal thing is so much BS you know what i mean. thanks to your thread you have given me strength. I am responsible for my recovery and i am going to change this habit I am so fing tired of it all.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

justine
8 yrs clean time
still waaaaaay exhuberant!!!
still am the lil 8 yr old boy . arms wide , skint up knees, flyin out the door to see what me n god get to do TODAY!!!

my favorite meeting topic? GRATITUDE!!

I been skipping around recently- i think ya gotta smile when you skip [and you probably gotta smile when you see ME skip!!]
hugs
mackat
Old 05-23-2004, 03:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

I'D PAY TO SEE THAT ONE MAC.....ted