Notices

Saturday night blues

Old 07-20-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

I don't know if I can help or give good advice, but, I can tell you I know exactly what you are going through. My hubby has always worked nights, he's a London licensed taxi driver, and my worse period of alcoholism was pre and during having my daughter. Firstly when your hubby works nights I couldn't really go out with the singletons, although I sometimes did, that caused grief. Then the couples don't want a lone woman tagging along, so I was in a quandary. I mainly, like you did (past tense here) get on the phone & drink the night away. Like you so rightly say disaster then ensues.

You could however, like me, take up knitting. Hours of endless fun if you like making beautiful things for you and your lovely children. Or, any kind of hobby or interest, reading, etc, this recovery site is great. I hope in some way I've planted a seed in your brain. But please, DON'T DRINK. I'm still trying to fathom how to make friends with peeps who don't particularly drink and just want to spend their entire weekend in the pub, duh! Good luck x
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Timelord

Friday and Saturday nights are definitely the hardest. I'm worried when the football season starts and Match Of The Day is back my routine was my fiancee to go to bed and me to go through a bottle of whisky. I've never seen the end of the show lol. I do have ideas, like watching the Sunday morning repeat.

There are so many triggers just got to be strong and remember how I let myself and my family down.