Notices

Back to Day 3

Old 07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to Day 3

So im back on day 3 after failing nearly every weekend since i decided to get sober which was the beginning of this year. It disappoints me how many times i have failed and knowing how bad the drinking is for me. I don't drink every day but on the weekend is when i go all out.

This Friday i drank a whole bottle of Johnny Walker all by myself and went out to the strip club to drink more and toss away my hard earned money. Saturday i woke up early and the first thing i did was go to the liquor store and bought about 20 beers to drink. That Saturday i fell asleep in my backyard till my mother woke me up to go home, now did i go home? Hell no, i went back to the strip club to drink more and didn't get home till 5AM. I spent about $500 in just those 2 days.

I read some were that sometimes you get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Ive been arrested, had fights, lost relationships with women, facing a DUI with a interlock device and now im just barely surviving because of my actions with drinking.

Right now, im sitting at a library writing this post and getting some books to read. On Tuesday, i woke up at 4:30 AM and headed back to the gym and i will continue every morning except on Monday's for rest day. Tomorrow i will quit with the cigarettes, they are holding me back in the gym as i could barely breathe when i lift.

Quitting to drink for me means starting a new life. I can't hang with the same friends and do the night life until im more discipline. Weekend is really the problem for me so i have to plan ahead and find other things to do with my time.

Thank you all for listening
Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Quitting to drink for me means starting a new life. I can't hang with the same friends and do the night life until im more discipline. Weekend is really the problem for me so i have to plan ahead and find other things to do with my time.

Thank you all for listening
Welcome that is part of the reason I am putting myself on a limb and not going back to my hometown .. Friends; I always cave to peer pressure .. Or should I say the lush inside me :p least you see that .. Good Luck
Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Took me a good few decades to get sick of being sick and tired and answer that little wake up call in my head.
I sincerely hope you respond to it much quicker.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

GhostFace - The main thing is you haven't given up on yourself. You know you're not going to be satisfied with that life - and you want something better. Never stop trying - we know you can do this.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not make a plan for this weekend GhostFace?
You can start devising it right now

D
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

GhostFace, Back to Day 3? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Please never give up, rootin for ya.