Notices

Physical symptoms

Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical symptoms

Hi everyone,

I recently had a 2 day relapse after 8 months of sobriety. I am on day 2 again, back in AA and have a sponsor. I am sick of trying to 'beat' drink...I am an alcoholic, and have an allergic reaction to drink. Full stop. I have resigned myself to this with hope that a programme of recovery done properly will help.

Over the two days I drank approx 2 litres of vodka and 6 bottles of wine. I am just starting to feel physically a bit more alive, but I still feel quite ill. Stomach is in agony (only started eating yesterday without being sick), had terrible blackish bowel movements, dizziness, blurred vision, pain in my sides...do you think it is just the symptoms of a binge or do you think I need to see a doc?

I am in a really painful place emotionally, psychologically and spiritually right now so the physical pain is an after thought. I am just trying ODAAT right now
Old 07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey,

i can relate, both to the choice of drink and the quantities. we can't give medical advice here, but if you're worried please see a doctor. how did you detox before?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. What you drank isn't among normal considered a shot of health food supplement so the reaction might be normal. Checking with a doctor might be advisable. I'd suggest USING YOUR SPONSOR and MEETINGS, MEETINGS AND MEETINGS. BE WELL
Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you have come back and want to regain your sobriety after the relapse, 8 months sober is quite an accomplishment. Regarding your symptoms, you should really see a Doc if you have any concerns. That's a massive amount of alcohol in 2 days, even for someone actively drinking - so please get things checked out to be safe.