Notices

what ???????????

Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

cheers im glad you have faith, i struggle to see a end to my ocd as ive had it since a child, all i know is its a lot lot worse now

is that due to alcohol?? ill never know?

all i know is i drank to get away from my ocd hand washing, and it worked at first, now if i was to drink it doesnt really give me much of a break from my ocd, maybe a slight small time of relax from it

i just sweat like a pig litterally running off me like a tap, i have to sit in front of a office fan

and inside my head?? well thats another story the thoughts the up down sad happy worry etc?????
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Teardrop, whereabouts in the UK are you? I too have had plenty of useless run ins with NHS mental health teams.

The only organisation to help me was the local alcohol advisory service. They set up an appointment with an alcohol councillor and she was brilliant. Although I didn't use it she did let me know that if the situation warrants it they can help you get NHS funding for private rehabs, home or residential detox etc, things that in my experience you wouldn't having a prayer of getting If you approached the NHS directly.

Am not sure if we're allowed to give the name of specific agencies on the boards but if you PM me I'll give you the name of the agency I went through and they may be able to put you in contact with similar in your area.

Am rooting for you, don't let this despair win, there's something round the corner for you without a doubt.

Brit
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have you had any sort of therapy to help with the OCD? Something like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy maybe?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Have you had any sort of therapy to help with the OCD? Something like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy maybe?
i have had lots of attempted help via cbt for my ocd but i have it that bad and the cbt counciller tried to rush / push it too quick

my ocd is very strange, its mainly a fear of warts/verucas and i wont touch anything i think is contaminated, i just cant, i sweat and clam up so bad, i cant breath, i get very angry, then ill let it all out in anger and smash everything around me up, then go and wash

its been going on since my teens when i was covered in warts all over my hands, and verucas on my feet, they were awful

also there is so much insecurity as i was in / out of care and addopted, and in out of relation ships and in out prison as i was older, (in my 20s)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by britgirl View Post
Teardrop, whereabouts in the UK are you? I too have had plenty of useless run ins with NHS mental health teams.

The only organisation to help me was the local alcohol advisory service. They set up an appointment with an alcohol councillor and she was brilliant. Although I didn't use it she did let me know that if the situation warrants it they can help you get NHS funding for private rehabs, home or residential detox etc, things that in my experience you wouldn't having a prayer of getting If you approached the NHS directly.

Am not sure if we're allowed to give the name of specific agencies on the boards but if you PM me I'll give you the name of the agency I went through and they may be able to put you in contact with similar in your area.

Am rooting for you, don't let this despair win, there's something round the corner for you without a doubt.

Brit
i think i have pm you, cheers dave
Old 07-17-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
i have had lots of attempted help via cbt for my ocd but i have it that bad and the cbt counciller tried to rush / push it too quick

my ocd is very strange, its mainly a fear of warts/verucas and i wont touch anything i think is contaminated, i just cant, i sweat and clam up so bad, i cant breath, i get very angry, then ill let it all out in anger and smash everything around me up, then go and wash

its been going on since my teens when i was covered in warts all over my hands, and verucas on my feet, they were awful

also there is so much insecurity as i was in / out of care and addopted, and in out of relation ships and in out prison as i was older, (in my 20s)
Ah that doesn't sound too good, these things certainly can't be rushed. I've always found it difficult to get a therapist I can actually work with and on the NHS choice is limited. Maybe ask your GP about it whilst you are there on Tuesday, see if they can offer you anything else. Nothing to lose, especially if it affecting your daily life so much.

I feel for you with the sweating too. I suffer from excessive facial sweating, needless to say whilst I enjoy the sunshine I hate the fact that my face drips, my hair gets soaked - my head sweats just drying my hair, it's a vicious circle. Sadly all there is for me is botox apparently to freeze the sweat glands. Can't afford that! They have prescribed a beta blocker though, works on the anxiety and helps that feeling of - I'm sweating, aaargh = more sweat!! Lovely.

Here's hoping they get you on track on Tuesday and you can start feeling better.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

what do you do in this hot weather?

or alternativly what do you do in this situation?

when something is in your head bugging you to drink, get drunk, when 99% of your thoughts are about alcohol

for me it is this very hot spell we are hsving, its just playing with my head, the summer days when i was out all day in the beer gardens getting drunk, not a care in the world, having a laugh with mates in the same state as i was in

but my stupid brain/thought process fails to remind me, later that day/those days, when everyone else went home i went in my personal taxi to the local nick, because id done something stupid/out of order, fighting got angry, nicked some booze, any thing i just didsnt seem to make it home

so my brain says ahh go on have a nice drink get drunk its good youll have fun

why doesnt it say go on get drunk and locked up and put in a court again, maybe sent to prison again?????

i have to seem to fight back with that sentence manually, where as, go on its good it will be ok comes automatic and very frequently

dave

Last edited by teardrop; 07-18-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling