Notices

oppsosite of insomnia!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oppsosite of insomnia!

Hi just wondering if anyone experienced extreme tiredness and difficulty waking up in the morning after giving up alcohol??

Whenever I've gone sober in the past I've suffered with insomnia for the first week or so, but this time around from day one I've fallen into very long deep sleeps and really drowsy in the morn plus I'm falling to sleep much earlier than usual (day 7 now) ...not really sure why it's different this time. Not overly worried or anything just wondering if anyone else experienced the same as opposed to insomnia.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. I was more tired than usual. Some days it seemed I could barely make it through work.

For me it seemed like a lot of things came in waves for the first 3 months. I was up and down, tired some times and more energy at other times or at least normal, whatever that is..lol

I think it takes time for our bodies and minds to regulate.

Now it seems I have more energy than I ever had before but I take Sunday as my wind down day. I don't plan anything if I can. I use that day to rest and reflect on my week.

Take it easy and take it one day at time.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me - I could sleep for England! I easily had 10 hours last night and could still go back for another nap this morning. I set my alarm for 5.30 this morning as wanted to get up and have some 'me' time before the kids got up but I soon turned that off and had another hour. Preferable to insomnia I suppose, but I do like the days where I bounce out of bed raring to go. It's all a rollercoaster!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, yes, yes. I can't tell you how tired I was. It lasted a long time too. But then I figured I was just catching up on sleep after all that bad drunk sleep. It took me a long time to get round to it but when I did exercise really helped x
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's really very hard to get up morning very soon if its a normal day but the before night with alcohol in-taken it's really very tedious... I suffered with insomnia. as now I'm in recovery i take it up as a challenge to get up early and recover from everything..
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I am experiencing exactly the same thing. One thing that I was not looking forward to was the insomnia that I always had when I stopped drinking, but this time around I am sleeping like a baby. I love it