Notices

It's kinda dark this week :/

Old 07-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's kinda dark this week :/

I can identify a few things going on for me---dealing with the grief of something that happened awhile ago, extending myself a little too much lately and I have a wedding coming up this Friday that I have been projecting over since I first got sober last fall!

Just feeling a little inadequate, sad perhaps mixed with self pity. Throw in a dash of confusion as well I did have thoughts to drink this past week...combatted by prayer, meditation and speaking with my sponser and other AA peeps.

I will not give in to my AV because of a crappy week. But after feeling so great for awhile there it's kinda discouraging to feel like poop. And what's really screaming out to me right now is that this ain't about drinking at all. It's about dealing with the crap coming to the surface because I have now been UN-numbed long enough to start doing so. Yikes! It's a journey, not a destination right?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reading this post helps me today. Thank you : )
Old 07-08-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad I could help you nuudawn
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You've got to take care of you first,as far as grief ,it'll always be there except the intensity will decrease.as far as socialization such as the wedding,bring someone with you that's sober and have an escape plan,in other words if it gets to much,get outta dodge.i put myself in to many situations early on after rehab and it just led me straight back o using.think it through..if u need to talk hit me up..keep ur head up and don't let anyone steal ur cool...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

You are awesome , take that crappy week and bury it , done. Life happens and then we deal with it , sober. I've found that i have to pick my battles , I Cant Win Them All But If I Choose I Can Win Most. Steer Clear Of The Ones I Know Will Cause Me Harm. Thanks For The Share
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you are having a tough week. Good to see that you are posting, and letting others know. I hope that you begin to feel better soon. ((HUG)) to you!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys... Your advice very helpful I'm still feeling off today , a migraine is not helping. I've been suffering w that on & off since Friday. Hopefully I'll start to feel normal soon... I'll hang in, I know it always passes. Thanks for the support xx