Notices

First day of sobriety

Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day of sobriety

Hi guys

I came to this forum today because I decided to kick alcohol out my life for good (same reason you all did I guess!). The last two weeks I'd hardly been drinking and I'd made some other positive changes in my life. I was really starting to feel the difference and had some confidence back so I thought ''okay, I'll drink again maybe it will be different''. I went to a festival yesterday and for a while things were fine, I met this beautiful girl everything was going cool but then I ****** it by saying something stupid, and cause I was pissed off about that I ended up getting plastered like always.
It's stupid because it was no fun when I did that and it's a tiny thing to let ruin your night but I always automatically revert back to drinking excessively, I seriously have no control over it, the way other people seem to. It really pisses me off trying to talk about it to people sometimes, because they're just like 'get over it, learn how to' and it's like I CAN'T. I CAN'T EVEN THOUGH I'VE TRIED ON SO MANY OCCASIONS. It's frustrating lol.
Drinking's really ****** up my life in certain ways, through things I've done in the past and the way it's warped my thinking. It's obvious that my life would be better without alcohol, so I'm going to officially get rid of it today. I've had a hangover today and I'd almost forgotten how ****** it was. What a lovely pissing reminder. I've spent the entire day wondering around the city because when I feel like this if I stay in my room, like I always used to do, then I just wind up thinking myself into a black cloud.
Anyways this time I'm really kicking it, I'm an aspiring musician and I want to make something of myself instead of ******* everything up all the while and wasting my life with this ******* behaviour of mine. Just wanted to share and I will be getting stuck into this forum to keep my motivation up. Nice to meet you all!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you J. It's not an easy journey as I'm on day 28 and having challenges of my own, but I can tell you that in these 28 days I've noticed a huge change in my life. Walking every day, my relationship with my kids and my wife have improved exponentially, I'm losing weight! It's a journey worth making my friend...stay with it.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! We are all here to encourage each other! Come back here often, like every day! Congrats on how well you are doing so far!! It is not easy at first, but it does get better and better as time goes by!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the site! You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! I too am very new to the site and have found a ton of strength in the forums and online chat.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

JConnell, First day of sobriety? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulation.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am also trying not to drink today. It's hard. I can only seem to manage a few days sober at a time and then I drink again. I'm scared I'll never get any real sober time. I'm a bit hung over today and feeling sad, as I always do when I've been drinking. I'm just not to leave the house and go get booze.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here. This is a great place to get support.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 1! You too Kayla.

It's also my first day and still feeling woozy in the head
Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! It's not going to be easy but the rewards are better then the experience of drinking. Stay close to the forum whenever you have the urges. Everyone on here is fantastic and just talking to them has stopped the occasions I feel like giving up. Good luck on your journey