Notices

Just can't feel good about myself

Old 07-06-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Any day sober is good day and is a huge accomplishment. If you have one foot in the past and one foot in the future you will p1ss all over today. Life is not about what we did it is about what we do. What I will do today is go to an AA meeting, I will pray that the obsession and compulsion to drink will be lifted for this day, I will be grateful for what I have not for what I don't have
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fantastic vid Sombrero! Found the Q&A after equally worthwhile. Great stuff.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Sally3127 View Post
I just feel I can't do anything right anymore. I am still beating myself up over the mistakes I have made at work. My self confidence is just zilch. I'm trying to enjoy my 4 day weekend but I keep playing last week over and over in my head with "if onlys." Ugh. The only thing I feel good about is that I'm not drinking. How does one build up their self confidence?
This will come in time. It doesn't happen overnight. I am a people pleaser and could never say no to people. Even in work and I was always worried what everyone else thought and would feel terrible if I made a mistake. I would feel terrible if I made a mistake in my persoanl life. Realized this was one of my biggest things as it allowed me plenty of time on the pity potty. I don't do well on that seat.

One of the advantages now is that I now longer care what people think and I don't have to do things to please everyone else. And if I make a mistake, well, I am only human and I am allowed to make them. I use to dwell on all the negative things and now I try to focus on the positive.